Floorp Browser

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
I've been "messing around" with this browser with a strange name: Floorp. So far , I like it, and find I'm using it more than the other browsers i have on my device: Edge, Firefox, and Brave. I also like these browsers; Edge is my default browser, but I've used Firefox and Brave more often before discovering Floorp browser.

Floorp originates from Japan, and has apparently been around for a number of years (although most people haven't heard of it). It is a fork of Firefox ESR, yet the UI imitates closely the Vivaldi browser, if you're familiar with that. It is also advertised to be very secure.

I won't say much more about this browser, since anyone who is interested can find information on the Web. Have any of you tried Floorp Browser?

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the Floorp browser! It's always interesting to try out new browsers and see if they offer any unique features or improvements. While I personally haven't tried Floorp browser myself, I can provide some insights based on the information you've shared.

Floorp browser being a fork of Firefox ESR means that it has inherited the stability and security features of the Firefox browser. This is generally a good thing, as Firefox has a strong reputation for prioritizing user privacy and security. The fact that Floorp is advertised as being very secure is certainly a positive point.

Regarding the user interface resembling Vivaldi, it's not uncommon for browsers to take design inspiration from one another. Vivaldi has gained popularity for its customizable interface and feature-rich experience, so it's nice to see other browsers adopting similar concepts.

Since Floorp has been around for a few years and originates from Japan, it's possible that it may have a following within certain communities or regions. It's always interesting to discover lesser-known browsers that may have unique features or cater to specific user needs.

Do you have any specific features or aspects of Floorp browser that you particularly enjoy compared to the other browsers you mentioned?

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the Floorp browser! It's always interesting to try out new browsers and see if they offer any unique features or improvements. While I personally haven't tried Floorp browser myself, I can provide some insights based on the information you've shared.

Floorp browser being a fork of Firefox ESR means that it has inherited the stability and security features of the Firefox browser. This is generally a good thing, as Firefox has a strong reputation for prioritizing user privacy and security. The fact that Floorp is advertised as being very secure is certainly a positive point.

Regarding the user interface resembling Vivaldi, it's not uncommon for browsers to take design inspiration from one another. Vivaldi has gained popularity for its customizable interface and feature-rich experience, so it's nice to see other browsers adopting similar concepts.

Since Floorp has been around for a few years and originates from Japan, it's possible that it may have a following within certain communities or regions. It's always interesting to discover lesser-known browsers that may have unique features or cater to specific user needs.

Do you have any specific features or aspects of Floorp browser that you particularly enjoy compared to the other browsers you mentioned?
Thanks for your reply. I can't say right now, what features of Floorp I like the most *haven't.been using long enough). So far, i like everything about it! It's also nice that it's not built on Chromium, like most other browsers are.
As time passes, I'll be learning a lot more about this brower. I've experimented with many really fine browsers in the past, such as Vivaldi, and several others.

I really liked Vivaldi, and used it pretty extensively for a while, but since I already have Edge, Firefox, and Brave installed, I really don't need a few more browsers. So far, unless something goes wrong in the future, I'll no doubt be a Floorp user.

Thanks for your reply. I can't say right now, what features of Floorp I like the most *haven't.been using long enough). So far, i like everything about it! It's also nice that it's not built on Chromium, like most other browsers are.
As time passes, I'll be learning a lot more about this brower. I've experimented with many really fine browsers in the past, such as Vivaldi, and several others.

I really liked Vivaldi, and used it pretty extensively for a while, but since I already have Edge, Firefox, and Brave installed, I really don't need a few more browsers. So far, unless something goes wrong in the future, I'll no doubt be a Floorp user.
It's great to hear that you're enjoying everything about the Floorp browser so far! The fact that it's not built on Chromium is indeed a notable distinction, as it provides you with a different rendering engine and potentially a unique browsing experience compared to Chromium-based browsers like Edge, Brave, and many others.

It's also understandable that you may not feel the need for any additional browsers if you already have Edge, Firefox, and Brave installed. With a wide range of browser options available, it can be challenging to choose which ones to keep and use regularly. It sounds like you've experimented with various browsers in the past, including Vivaldi, and have found value in different aspects of each one.

As you continue using Floorp, you'll likely discover more of its features and functionalities that you appreciate. It's always exciting to explore a new browser and see how it fits into your browsing habits and preferences. Should you encounter any issues or have any further questions about Floorp or any other browsers, feel free to ask!

It's great to hear that you're enjoying everything about the Floorp browser so far! The fact that it's not built on Chromium is indeed a notable distinction, as it provides you with a different rendering engine and potentially a unique browsing experience compared to Chromium-based browsers like Edge, Brave, and many others.

It's also understandable that you may not feel the need for any additional browsers if you already have Edge, Firefox, and Brave installed. With a wide range of browser options available, it can be challenging to choose which ones to keep and use regularly. It sounds like you've experimented with various browsers in the past, including Vivaldi, and have found value in different aspects of each one.

As you continue using Floorp, you'll likely discover more of its features and functionalities that you appreciate. It's always exciting to explore a new browser and see how it fits into your browsing habits and preferences. Should you encounter any issues or have any further questions about Floorp or any other browsers, feel free to ask!
:thumbs_up:

I've been "messing around" with this browser with a strange name: Floorp. So far , I like it, and find I'm using it more than the other browsers i have on my device: Edge, Firefox, and Brave. I also like these browsers; Edge is my default browser, but I've used Firefox and Brave more often before discovering Floorp browser.

Floorp originates from Japan, and has apparently been around for a number of years (although most people haven't heard of it). It is a fork of Firefox ESR, yet the UI imitates closely the Vivaldi browser, if you're familiar with that. It is also advertised to be very secure.

I won't say much more about this browser, since anyone who is interested can find information on the Web. Have any of you tried Floorp Browser?
I have been using Floorp Browser for a few months now and I am very impressed by its performance, customization, and privacy features. Floorp is based on Firefox, but it offers much more flexibility and control over the browser settings and appearance. You can tweak almost anything in Floorp, from the user interface to the web engine. Floorp also respects your privacy and blocks trackers, ads, and fingerprinting by default. It is fast, stable, and secure.

Yes, I was pretty impressed by Floorp. Now, why did I say, "was'. I've gone back to my regular Firefox, even though I feel that Floorp was an excellent, secure browser. I can't say why. Maybe it's a sense of loyalty, but I'm happy to be back. It doesn't mean that I may not return to Floorp in the future. It just could be my impulsive personality. I like experimenting with "digital stuff".

So, now I'm back to my original 3 browsers: Edge, Brave, and Firefox. If I had a computer with more storage instead of my current Gateway notebook, I'd probably keep Floorp installed,
I rarely use Edge, although I keep it as my default browser; but I have some concern about information being sent back to Microsoft (so I've read), pretty much like Google does. Other than that, I feel the Edge browser is top notch. So now I vacillate between Firefox and Brave.

I've found that some websites work better in Brave, being that it's Chromium based. My go=to browser remains Firefox, and if a certain site isn't working properly, it's not a big deal for me to open it up in Brave.

No Floorp, but I used to use IceCat formally called IceWeasel which was another spin off of Firefox

The first browser to use the servo web rendering engine will be able to claim the title of "most secure". Since Servo is written in Rust it is memory safe. Memory vulnerabilities have been the bane of most if not all modern browsers including anything based on Chromium.

No Floorp, but I used to use IceCat formally called IceWeasel which was another spin off of Firefox
Hiya, Neemobeer. I remember you from another forum, years ago. I remember you always gave sage advice. I'm glad to find you here!

Yes, I've heard of ice cat browser, but for now, I'll probably stop experimenting with browsers, and stay with Edge, Brave, and Firefox. i've done what I can to harden Firefox somewhat.

BTW, I didn't mention it, but I tried Vivaldi for a while. I liked it, but I didn't need to make all the adjustments it allowed. A little over-complicated, IMHO.

Well, after saying I was going back to Firefox, I've reinstalled Floorp. Just shows how impulsive I am! Upon doing extra research on Floorp, it formed my decision to return. So, now I'm back to my 3 installed browsers: Edge, Brave, and Floorp. I don't think I'll be changing again, but knowing myself, I can't guarantee it! LOL

BTW, I like Floorp's GUI. It's reminiscent of Vivaldi browser, which I think is also a good choice.

Final Post: My browsers are now Edge, Firefox, and Brave. I'm using Edge more now, regardless of reports concerning privacy. Edge has features I like, and doesn't eat a lot of resources, since it's built into the OS. I'm not going to experiment with Floorp again, although I do think highly of it.

Back