Windows 7 Flowplayer is screwing with youtube, how can I remove it?

Darick Adams

Don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this, but flowplayer started popping up on youtube before the video plays and it's really getting on my nerves.

I don't know if this is something youtube has changed, and therefor I wouldn't be able to do anything about it, because while flowplayer is annoying, I don't have any adds before videos now, I simply click this orange "skip ads" button at the bottom left of the video.

It only recently starting showing up, about 3 days ago. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's something youtube has changed, or if it was something installed by an update, maybe through Java? Regardless, I did not voluntarily install flowplayer, and it's not on my list of program that I can manually remove, nor is it listed in as a plug-in in my browser (google chrome if it matters).

Anyone know what's going on, or having the same problem?

Yes! Oh my gosh, it is getting on my nerves too! it started about a day ago and i want to get rid of it! I diden't even down load it! I WANT IT GONE!

Heh, well good to know I'm not the only one dealing with this problem, (thought it was another computer problem). Your response basically tells me that it's something else youtube decided to change.
It is very annoying, the only positive to it is that I can skip adds instantly, although I always have to watch full-screen, or the smallest screen available.

ok, well good. im just happy that its not ANOTHER virus. but, i went on my home computer and the youtube seemed to work fine!.. its really pissing me off, i tried deleting any programs that might cause virus's and even got norton..it said that my computer was clean..

Didn't bother reading the entire post obviously, and the I don't appreciate the insinuation that I'm lazy and decided that I would just ask someone else to basically fix the problem for me.
I already searched through google, and I've done everything that I can possibly think of through methods that I already know of as well as recommendations on other sites.

Again, it's NOT a program that was installed.
Again, it is NOT a plug-in from the browser. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did read your post in it's entirety, and I wasn't insinuating anything and I'm sorry you took it that way.
I was just giving you a quick & easy answer for you to remove your issue as your title suggested.

Please kindly refrain from any personal attacks as it may result in an infraction and/or possible ban from this forum.
Your remarks towards me were removed.

Regards
Don

Hey all, may have found a fix: go to your Chrome Extensions (click on the wrench in the top right, go to tools...extensions) and remove the one called privacy safe guard. that fixed mine :)

Hey all, may have found a fix: go to your Chrome Extensions (click on the wrench in the top right, go to tools...extensions) and remove the one called privacy safe guard. that fixed mine :)

Lol..I saw this plug-in when I went through my extensions the other day, trying to figure this out. I honestly thought it was something that was suppose to help and protect my info, never thought it would be the cause. Needless to say, yes it did fix the problem, so thanks so much for posting.
I hope Gracie reads your post as well. ;)

Lol..I saw this plug-in when I went through my extensions the other day, trying to figure this out. I honestly thought it was something that was suppose to help and protect my info, never thought it would be the cause. Needless to say, yes it did fix the problem, so thanks so much for posting.
I hope Gracie reads your post as well. ;)

I looked at my extentions but i cant seem to find what you guys are talking about

I looked at my extentions but i cant seem to find what you guys are talking about

Look for the extension "I want it" and remove it.
I was reading this post and decided to look in my extensions for anything weird, that was the only one there that i hadn't downloaded so i removed it. it worked for me! hope this works.

Back