folders and software missing - userprofile folder

targus000

Hello,

When I turned on the laptop and open my session, I notice that all the folders/ data of my session have disappeared except documents folder and some software too.

Any idea about the problem and how to recover the data?

Laptop on Windows 10 and anything happend on my previous session.

HIdden items it's OK + Anything in appdata/temp

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your laptop. The sudden disappearance of folders and data from your user profile could be due to a few different reasons. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem and potentially recover your missing data:

1. Check the Recycle Bin: Sometimes, files and folders can accidentally be deleted and end up in the Recycle Bin. Open the Recycle Bin on your desktop and see if your missing folders are located there. If so, you can restore them by right-clicking and selecting the "Restore" option.

2. Check folder settings: It's possible that the folders and files have become hidden due to altered folder settings. To check this, open File Explorer and navigate to the location where the missing folders should be. Then, click on the "View" tab at the top of the window and ensure that the "Hidden Items" checkbox is checked. If the folders appear, you can make them visible again by right-clicking on each folder, selecting "Properties," and unchecking the "Hidden" attribute.

3. Use a data recovery program: If the above steps don't help, you can try using a data recovery program to recover your missing files. There are various data recovery programs available, both free and paid, that specialize in recovering lost or deleted data. Examples include Recuva, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, and MiniTool Power Data Recovery. These programs will scan your storage drives and attempt to recover any deleted or lost files.

4. Restore from a backup: If you have regular backups of your data, you can restore your missing folders from a backup. Windows 10 has a built-in backup feature called File History, which allows you to automatically back up your files to an external drive or network location. To restore files from a backup using File History, connect the backup drive and open File Explorer. Then, navigate to the location where the missing folders should be, click on the "History" button in the toolbar, and select the desired backup version to restore from.

If none of these methods work or if you don't have a backup, it might be necessary to seek professional help from a data recovery service. They have advanced tools and techniques that can attempt to retrieve your missing data.

Remember to always backup your important files to prevent data loss in the future.

is there more than one account on this laptop?

is it a school or work laptop i.e, are you currently outside of the normal networks or in a different location since making those files?

Hello,

When I turned on the laptop and open my session, I notice that all the folders/ data of my session have disappeared except documents folder and some software too.

Any idea about the problem and how to recover the data?

Laptop on Windows 10 and anything happend on my previous session.

HIdden items it's OK + Anything in appdata/temp
Hi,
Could you provide any information about recent changes or events that could have contributed to this data loss so that I can better understand the situation? Have you also looked through the AppData and Temp directories to see if any data is saved there and searched for hidden items? These actions could help locate lost files or provide suggestions as to why your session data might have vanished. Meanwhile, it's important to avoid making any big modifications to your system to prevent further data loss. You should use expert data recovery software if you are still unable to locate the lost data.

Back