Windows 10 FreeCell Brag....

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

As some people here know I've been a FreeCell addict since Windows 3.1.

I've won 100 straight games without a loss 3 times, and usually win about 92% of the time.
But now I've done something that I have never accomplished before!

I've been in the top 10 lowest number of moves for a specific game a number of times, but now for the first time, I have posted the lowest number of moves ever for a FreeCell deal all on my own with no ties.

MikeMoss 1275, is my FreeCell handle...

Screenshot_20180422-081329.png

I do not replay the games over and over as some people do the get a low score, I play them randomly as they come up, and if I lose I move on to the next one.

Mike

Which FreeCell game are you playing here? Is it a Windows app or a website? I'm a FreeCell junkie too. I'm currently playing on the "FreeCell Collection Free" app from the Windows Store. Here's what it shows for my stats.

Freecell Stats.png

This is unfortunate, thats the first thing I strip after a clean install. I'm guessing it's for men of a certain age ;)

Hi

On my computer I play the original FreeCell game in the version that was included with Windows 7.
In Windows 10 you have to get it as a seperate download from a non Microsoft source.

On my tablet, which you see here I use an app that is as close to the original as I was able to find.

I'll try and find the download site and post it here again, it is in one of my other posts someplace.
I think the title is Windows 7 games for Windows 10.

It plays just like the original game, but has many more deals available then the original did.

Great score by the way, my best was 130 games in a row.

Another thing that I noticed, I find it easier on my computer then I do on my tablet, this makes no sense since the play is exactly the same?
I now play on my tablet almost exclusively since I use it to kill time when I'm at the doctors or the hospital with my wife who it being treated for cancer. I sometimes have to set there for 5 hours straight.

Mike

Here it is....
Windows 7 Games for Windows 10!!!

Last edited:
Hi

On my computer I play the original FreeCell game in the version that was included with Windows 7.
In Windows 10 you have to get it as a seperate download from a non Microsoft source.

On my tablet, which you see here I use an app that is as close to the original as I was able to find.

I'll try and find the download site and post it here again, it is in one of my other posts someplace.
I think the title is Windows 7 games for Windows 10.

It plays just like the original game, but has many more deals available then the original did.

Mike

Here it is....
Hi

I think the title is Windows 7 games for Windows 10. I like these game better the the ones from the app store.

Great score by the way, my best was 130 games in a row.

Another thing that I noticed, I find it easier on my computer then I do on my tablet, this makes no sense since the play is exactly the same?
I now play on my tablet almost exclusively since I use it to kill time when I'm at the doctors or the hospital with my wife who it being treated for cancer. I sometimes have to set there for 5 hours straight.

Mike

Here it is....

Hey Stueycaster.

How old are you, I'm going to be 80 in July, Freecell is how I know that my brain is still working!!!
I also play online MMOs with my friend Paul, who is 84, you are only as old as you act.

Mike

Yes, buddy, this is an amazing achievement! It seems to me that you spent a lot of time and effort in order to achieve this! You are a real fellow! Hopefully, someday I will be able to reach the same level in this game. What kind of site do you use for the game? Here I am using a frecell solitaire platform. It seems to me that this is the most convenient and beautifully designed site. And yes, how much time do you think you need to spend playing solitaire in order to achieve great results? I really love this game and would like to reach great heights to show off to my friends.

Last edited:
I haven't played Freecell for quite a while, I've reached the age of 84 now, and my computer-playing buddy died earlier this year.
More recently, I've been playing Spades, I kind of like that because you have to make a bid, and then try and hit exactly that number.

This means that you spend part of the game trying to take tricks and part of the game trying not to take any cards.
I've played 3,564 hands, I've won all but 24 of them, and I have 24-second places.

I play in the easy mode because I like to win, but it's still hard to win all the time. Sometimes you draw some really bad hands. But I've never lost a game though.

A game consists of getting to the score of 250 points and can take a number of hands. You are penalized for going over your bid and if you get ten points over you lose 100 points.

I use it to check how my brain is working. If I start losing, I'll know I'm going downhill.

Back