Windows 7 Freezing at login...

Jimsters

HI all..

i have a small problem with my recent upgrade to win7.. every time i start up or have to restart my machine, it freezes at the login in stage. I have to then power down and reboot and then it works perfectly. i know it seems like a small issue but cant seem to find a resolution anywhere.. im also a bit of a novice so any help at all will be greatly appreciated..

Cheers
James

Hello James,.

Most all of us agree that an upgrade is not the route to take. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts., which you are experiencing now.

Save all you Documents, Pictures, contacts, videos, music, etc to a flash drive,

Be aware, you will need to re-install your 3rd party applications.

cheers, so can i a do clean install from my disk that i got when upgrading or do i need to to buy new? also, what are 3rd party apps? are they like nero, itunes etc

sorry for stupid question, but if i do go the route of a clean install, will i need to install everything manually to run my laptop? as i said am a complete novice...

Yes the clean install is the preferred method as it can cause conflicts..

Save all you Documents,. contact,. music,. videos,. etc to a flash drive.

Unfortunately you will have to re-install all your 3rd party applications.

As Reghakr said, and I agree 100%, a Clean Install is definitely the way to go.. :)

In answer to your question regarding the disc you have.. Did you purchase an Upgrade copy of Windows 7 or the Full version? If you purchased an Upgrade version then you can still do a clean install with it. It's just a bit more time consuming this way because you actually end up installing twice.. ;) If you have the Full version disc then it's just a matter of choosing "Custom Install" from the installation options when you boot off the Win 7 disc then formatting the partition you wish to install to and your good to go from there..

If it is an Upgrade disc that you have and you still want to go the Clean Install route (which I would strongly recommend) let me know and I'll PM you the instructions on how to do this with the Upgrade Media.. ;)

cheers for the helps guys, radenight i have you a pm - your help very much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom