Windows 7 Frequent and different BSOD's

rhodesej

Hey forum,

Been getting some more and more BSOD's recently. Problems initially started a few months ago with a NTFS screen at startup - saying one of your files disks needs to be checked for consistency. However it would never actually check them. I checked if it was dirty but it said it wasn't, and eventually the problem "went away".

Next was a bunch of multicolored horizontal lines, so I updated my ati radeon 4200 driver, and that worked. Not sure if these are related.

BSOD's started slowly and usually the same one but have been getting more frequent. Had one when I tried to move the computer so I re-inserted the ram. Got one in safe mode and also when it was on the login screen.

Memtest86 didn't show any errors after about an hour. Any help would be much appreciated! I can't get much of my school work done!

HP Pavilion dv4
Running x64
BIOS: insyde f.16, 12/3/2009
SMBIOS version 2.6
Norton Security Suite

Attachments

• dmp_files.zip
    988.7 KB · Views: 318
An update - I unplugged all usb connections and I didn't get any BSOD's for a few days, but I just got the IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_NOT_EQUAL or whatever it is. I got it once right when I picked up my computer, but another time it just happened.

Any ideas, anyone?

Back