Windows 10 Ftp server don't show all files.

jonas77x

Hi all.

I got bitvise ssh server installed on my computer.

But when logging in, it don't displays any files in my "private" directories..

It is simply saying access denied!

I guess this is a security issue with Windows 10.

The bitvise server is run by "local system"..

.. Now in a bit new to 10, so I got no idea what to try next...

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Solution
windows 10 doesn't trust the host by default... thats the main pain difference with it to other Windows os networks.

I'm not a user of this bitvise system but if it uses a V or remote account to access the data then it needs to have its name added to the trusted host list of the workstation logging in

override it;
how to set trusted host
jonas77x … pls read the discussion at this link:
Bitvise SSH Server Usage FAQ
sub: (Q210. When users log in, they can see all drives on my server. How do I limit them to a certain directory?)
therein, is discussion with regard to virtual-access, virtual account, etc.

Thx, but my problem is the opposite, I have given myself access to all drivers, but I can still not see the files in the "protected" directors, like users/myname, I can see the directory, but it's empty..

Skickat från min SM-J500FN via Tapatalk

windows 10 doesn't trust the host by default... thats the main pain difference with it to other Windows os networks.

I'm not a user of this bitvise system but if it uses a V or remote account to access the data then it needs to have its name added to the trusted host list of the workstation logging in

override it;
how to set trusted host

Solution
Host, are you referring to the app or username if my account?

Ah, that host, hmm, in not sure we are talking about the same thing, or am I to stupid today...

The issue i got is that windows 10 don't give full access to all directories of the computer to my FTP server (I guess).

On my win 7 I added c:\ and can access everything.

But on 10, I can't access, for example my users directory..

Does this have anything to do with the host file?