Windows 7 Future of MSE

Joe S

Excellent Member
I recently read an article raising questioning about how secure MSE will be once Windows 8 releases. It seems like that will make MSE a big target for hackers. Will MS be able to keep a head of them? Are there any sites comparing AV programs that a regular user can use to compare? Something along the lines of Matousec for firewalls? A lot of the reviews you see mainly look at the top selling 6-10 programs.
Joe

from what i've read, they're going to offer it by default, but heavy pressure from the payware antivirus programs to bundle shareware antivirus causes it to be deactivated. If I was a new user, i would clean it out and activate defender. my experience tells me it's very good software, it updates with good frequency, like eset, and it's made by windows for windows, free :)

One thing I think needs improvement is the auto updating. It should be entirely separate from Windows Update and should check for updates every 4-6 hours like the bettter AV programs. I'm surprised the EU isn't having a fit about it being incleded as part of Windows 8 since it is competing against pay security products. All of the stink they raised over IE is amusing since browsers are freeware.
Joe

MSE is a goos security tool for Windows. Many users trust this tool as it is developed by Microsoft. Also, it doesn't affect the performance of your computer. It is very lite suite.

MSE is a goos security tool for Windows. Many users trust this tool as it is developed by Microsoft. Also, it doesn't affect the performance of your computer. It is very lite suite.

Microsoft provides your operating system, and offers you antivirus to go with it for free. It's a no-brainer, if it's a good program -and it is :)

Back
Top Bottom