Windows 7 Game that you cannot remove from your system

Nguyen35

Hello everyone,

I would like to have your help/inputs on an issue I have with a game.
A kid installed on my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop a game called Bookworm Deluxe from Oberon Media.
Now I get stuck with it, any try to remove it set a mess with my different installed software, in particular with PowerDesk8 (from Avanquest) which cannot start giving an error message : error in Registry.
Other software cannot start either saying that I have to reinstall etc...
I have to restore from a restore point prior to the uninstall to have my computer work again.
Is it known that this company/program causes havoc to computers? And how could one safely remove it?
Any information will help enormously.
Thank you.

Searching the web for the program finds comments about spyware, but it is hard to tell now if that is just some company hyping their products or a real problem. You experience seems to show something is going on and the program is being intrusive on your system.

Have you tried running an anti-virus program to see if anything shows up? Many folks here like the Malwarebytes free to occasionally check their systems in addition to the normal anti-virus.

But for now, the install is supposed to keep a log. If you can find it you might zip it and attach using the paperclip. Be aware that sometimes those logs will show folder names on your system, so if you have some personal info, you may not want it seen. The log may not show anything that will help, but it might be a start.

C:\Program Files\Oberon Media\Bookworm Deluxe\install.log

The actual location may vary depending on what version of windows you have. Do you have any other Oberon Media games on your system?

Searching the web for the program finds comments about spyware, but it is hard to tell now if that is just some company hyping their products or a real problem. You experience seems to show something is going on and the program is being intrusive on your system.

Have you tried running an anti-virus program to see if anything shows up? Many folks here like the Malwarebytes free to occasionally check their systems in addition to the normal anti-virus.

But for now, the install is supposed to keep a log. If you can find it you might zip it and attach using the paperclip. Be aware that sometimes those logs will show folder names on your system, so if you have some personal info, you may not want it seen. The log may not show anything that will help, but it might be a start.

C:\Program Files\Oberon Media\Bookworm Deluxe\install.log

The actual location may vary depending on what version of windows you have. Do you have any other Oberon Media games on your system?

Now after searching thru the C:\ it appears that the various games that come from Oberon Media were installed by ASUS when they ship the computer since the games are located in C:\Prtograms Files\ASUS\Game Park ....
There is no Install log.
I suppose that there is nothing one could do if the manufacturer installed them. Sigh!

Back