Windows 10 Gamers - have you tried our Game Mode

Avast Software

Hey gamers -- Avast 2017 came with an all-new Game Mode. I've used it on a lower-powered PC I use for light work/light gaming and it definitely helps (not much CPU/GPU to go around on that machine) plus it's easy to use. My opinions, of course!

I'm curious on the other end, though -- have any of you with crazy awesome rigs tried this out? Do you like it? What suggestions do you have for us?

Does the new Game Mode have an option to automatically pause background activities when it detects a full screen game running? I liked this feature on one of your competitors products and it worked really well.

Does the new Game Mode have an option to automatically pause background activities when it detects a full screen game running? I liked this feature on one of your competitors products and it worked really well.

It actually goes a bit beyond that! When you run a game, Avast will detect this and ask if you want to run Game Mode every time it's launched. If the client can't detect the game, you can add anything you want manually. This includes non-games, if you wanted to do the same for productivity software for example.

The new Game Mode does the following:

• Mutes Windows and Avast notifications
  • Pauses Windows Updates
  • Triggers "high performance" profile
  • Sets games as high priority over background processes
Avast 2017 still has "Silent" mode though, which mutes notifications when fullscreen apps are active.

Does that help?

Just a thought can it be made to activate for example the new AMD ryzen power profile?

This is an interesting thought. The option states that "high performance" is triggered when Game Mode is activated. If the AMD Ryzen power profile is separate from that, I would have to check with my developers in terms of exactly which profile would be used in that case. My feeling is that it would be ideal to be able to select a desired profile, and that is a great feature suggestion.

This would be an excellent feature and easily integrated by your developers. It could remember what power saving scheme Windows is using, but when it detects a fullscreen game it could apply the "High Performance" scheme built in to Windows. This should work no matter what processor is available. Of course you would not want to do this if the computer was running on battery power. Once the application closes it could return to the power scheme that was used beforehand.

This would be an excellent feature and easily integrated by your developers. It could remember what power saving scheme Windows is using, but when it detects a fullscreen game it could apply the "High Performance" scheme built in to Windows. This should work no matter what processor is available. Of course you would not want to do this if the computer was running on battery power. Once the application closes it could return to the power scheme that was used beforehand.

Thank you for the ideas! I've already passed it on to our developers :)

have any of you with crazy awesome rigs tried this out? Do you like it? What suggestions do you have for us?
tried it... I don't like that the fix issues option doesn't want to tell us what the issue is that it thinks needs fixing so I don't use the scan option.
I don't like NAG ware on my system so I'm prob going to uninstall this soon but for clueless users Avast is ok
Screenshot (3).png

Back
Top Bottom