Windows 7 Games using all my memory.

TheUnknown

Hey, This started happening like a week ago, A lot of games are using all 8 gb of my memory. Unknown Battlegrounds and osiris, No mans sky and so on. They were working fine before. I am using MSI afterburner to watch the temps and my memory is slowly going up, What's causing this?
My specs
GTX 1050
AMD Phenom X6 1055T
8 GB
GA-M68MT-S2P motherboard

Gyazo - 3efc7b7a79b1cb6c64bed32298fccbd8.jpg

Is my motherboard failing? Do i have bad memory sticks? I did a memtest and none showed any errors.

Hi,
are you actually getting any error messages? If not then you might be fine. As long as the memory resumes to normality after gaming then it might be nothing more than normal use?

Well, my game lags so much because of it. I just reinstalled windows 10. Its slower than win7 but hopefully it works.

Have you tried lowering the graphics settings within the game and as you're now in windows 10 enabling game mode with in the game may help.

Well the system requirements for Player Unknown Battleground is:
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300.
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB.
  • DirectX: Version 11.
Osiris
Minimum:
  • Processor: Intel i5. | 3.2GHz.
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680.
  • Storage: 5 GB available space.
Although your system should cope do you have the settings on high or ultra? Try reducing them.
I just reinstalled windows 10. Its slower than win7 but hopefully it works.
If there still is a difference i don't think it's huge. Plus and this is a big plus, you have a DX12 capable card and now a operating system that supports it.

Have you tried lowering the graphics settings within the game and as you're now in windows 10 enabling game mode with in the game may help.
Yes i did tried that.
Well the system requirements for Player Unknown Battleground is:
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300.
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB.
  • DirectX: Version 11.
Osiris
Minimum:
  • Processor: Intel i5. | 3.2GHz.
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680.
  • Storage: 5 GB available space.
Although your system should cope do you have the settings on high or ultra? Try reducing them.

If there still is a difference i don't think it's huge. Plus and this is a big plus, you have a DX12 capable card and now a operating system that supports it.
I dont think so either. Its still installing updates. Would post if issue is fixed or not. I have a question. If a game takes 8 gb and your system is 2 gb while on idle and when you go onto the game it will take up how much ram a game uses and your system?

Last edited:
. If a game takes 8 gb and your system is 2 gb while on idle and when you go onto the game it will take up how much ram a game uses and your system?
Well normally memory will be freed up by caching idle applications but it's far more involved than that and the game itself may not need to grab all 8GB, each game will have a different 'memory footprint' some worse than others.
I did some checking on the first game and came across this:
High RAM usage :: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS General Discussions

Tips on Osiris: New Dawn
More Accurate System Requirements :: Osiris: New Dawn Feedback/Suggestions

Back