Windows 7 Getting BSOD on pc during gaming. something to do with ntoskrnl.exe

UUUGGGGHHH! So I was just playing again, and after about 45 min, ANOTHER BSOD!!! This is really starting to get on my nerves, so PLEASE HELP! A few days ago i already did a windows repair by "upgrading" my os with original cd without losing any data, however, bsod persists. here is the minidump from a few min ago:

Attachments

• minidump3.rar
    25.5 KB · Views: 262
BSOD while playing games

Hi, I've been getting BSOD's pretty constantly while playing games. Another poster said that it was something to do with sptd.sys, so I disabled it, and it ran fine through heavy gaming for two days. Then, today while I was playing again, I got a BSOD again. I think this is a driver issue, except I don't know which driver is causing this problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Here are my two most recent minidumps:

Attachments

• minidump5.zip
    27.6 KB · Views: 266
  • minidump4.zip
    23 KB · Views: 277
Re: BSOD while playing games

You can review the thread and post what you've so far been asked to and have ignored, well more than once.

Also, uninstall the software that has installed the following B's Recorder Gold Service, most likely something from the company Pegasus:

cdrbsdrv cdrbsdrv.SYS Mon Feb 20 05:15:35 2006

When done, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete the driver if it is still there, then reboot.

Last edited:
I have not ignored anything. I uninstalled daemon tools and disabled sptd.sys through the registry as well as uninstalled evga precision. However, I still got BSOD. Will try what u just recommended.

"Ignored" does not imply purposeful intent, as I've written it. You can review the thread for what I've asked for a few times and when you see what it is, you're welcome to post it.

Ok, if ur talking about the screen shots, sorry, I forgot about the sig. Here they are:

Attachments

• spd.bmp
    623.3 KB · Views: 526
  • memory-3059.bmp
    623.3 KB · Views: 510
Now we're talkin'.

Unfortunately, if you still have issues after removing the B's Gold service, associated Pegasus software and the driver, then your memory is surely defective.

Replace it entirely with a brand new matching set and problems solved. Enjoy.

Update or remove -
Code:
[font=lucida console]
hidusbf.sys  Wed Feb 11 05:25:00 2009 (4992A77C) - SweetLow  USB Mouse Rate Adjuster - http://sweetlow.at.tut.by/
 [/font]
Not sure exactly what it is - http://sweetlow.at.tut.by/

One of the dumps was VERIFIER_ENABLED w/ bugcheck = 0xa = driver attempted to access pageable or plain bad memory

Run memtest86+ - Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

The other 2 BSODs had same bugcheck -

0x3b (0xc0000005,,,) = system service exception; excp = 0xc0000005 = memory access violation

Windbg Logs
--> http://sysnative.com/BSOD_2010/jcgriff2/_99-dbug_ethanchu_Windows7x64_12-18-2010_jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://sysnative.com/BSOD_2010/jcgriff2/_99-dbug_ethanchu_Windows7x64_12-18-2010_jcgriff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:
[font=lucida console]
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Sat Dec 18 20:04:58.224 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:50.660
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IoWithinStackLimits+60 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x3B
PROCESS_NAME:  steam.exe
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`030ec2b0 fffff880`07d02a30 00000000`00000000
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
Debug session time: Thu Dec 16 17:14:46.466 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:12.544
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!RtlDispatchException+122 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xA
PROCESS_NAME:  System
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments fffff800`033a4608 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`030b37a2
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
Debug session time: Wed Dec 15 20:43:00.451 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:30:48.887
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IoWithinStackLimits+60 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x3B
PROCESS_NAME:  steam.exe
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`030962b0 fffff880`06d69a30 00000000`00000000

by [color=navy]jcgriff2     

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP[/color]   

[B]Link Removed - Invalid URL[/B]   

[url=www.sysnative.com][color=#000033][u]www.sysnative.com[/u][/color][/url]

[url=www.jcgriff2.com][color=#000055][u]www.jcgriff2.com[/u][/color][/url] 

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

[/font]

No need to bother with Memtest or Driver Verifier. I haven't posted references to either in a long time and don't rely on them whatsoever any longer.

Never once in history have I suggested to replace memory when it was not the issue.

Memory is surely 100% defective if Bs Recorder driver or hid driver (good find) is not the culprit.

(That 0xA....surely defective memory though.)

Last edited:
thanks for the help guys, my friend old me to try running driver verifier to stress the drivers so that when I get blue screen I can easily tell what is the culprit. the hidusbf was installed two nights ago, so I don't think that is the problem, however if I do get another bsod, I will try removing that. In the meantime, I hop that cbsv... whatever that is driver gets rid of the bsod. Does running windows memory diagnostic help at all? cuz I ran that before and came up clean.

I'll help you out in the simplest manner and most efficient here.

Replace the memory entirely with new matching set. (Just be sure to remove B's first, but that isn't the culprit, for sure anyhow.)

Good luck with the new hardware when it arrives. (Even though you won't need luck. :) )

You're welcome.

If it does happen be a ram defect, wouldn't it also bsod through daily usage? Cuz right now it Ocassionally bsod (like 1 out of 5 times) only when playing games. In windows, it's fine.

As I've told you many times now, replace the memory. I can't say it any clearer.

Enjoy the new hardware when it arrives.

No need to bother with Memtest or Driver Verifier. I haven't posted references to either in a long time and don't rely on them whatsoever any longer.

Never once in history have I suggested to replace memory when it was not the issue.

Memory is surely 100% defective if Bs Recorder driver or hid driver (good find) is not the culprit.

(That 0xA....surely defective memory though.)

0xa = driver attempted to access pageable memory when IRQL too high or attempted to access bad memory

Only 1 BSOD was 0xa; there were two others = 0x3b (0xc0000005,,,)

Bugcheck 0xa does not mean RAM failure 100% of the time. If you state that 0xa is always RAM issue, then you must state that 0xd1 is always RAM as well as the two bugchecks are very similar in nature. Driver Verifier can be of help for 0xa, 0xd1, 0x3b, .... many others.

Much cheaper to run Driver Verifier and see if it flags a driver before spending $$$ to replace RAM.

There is no way whatsoever to determine from a mini kernel memory dump that RAM itself is the absolute cause of ANY BSOD.

There could be underlying other unknown hardware issues affecting RAMs ability to properly hold kernel code such as PSU, mobo, etc... not to mention driver issues as well.

Happy Holidays !

jcgriff2

`

Last edited:
0xa = driver attempted to access pageable memory when IRQL too high or attempted to access bad memory

Only 1 BSOD was 0xa; there were two others = 0x3b (0xc0000005,,,)

Bugcheck 0xa does not mean RAM failure 100% of the time. If you state that 0xa is always RAM issue, then you must state that 0xd1 is always RAM as well as the two bugchecks are very similar in nature. Driver Verifier can be of help for 0xa, 0xd1, 0x3b, .... many others.

Much cheaper to run Driver Verifier and see if it flags a driver before spending $$$ to replace RAM.

There is no way whatsoever to determine from a mini kernel memory dump that RAM itself is the absolute cause of ANY BSOD.

There could be underlying other unknown hardware issues affecting RAMs ability to properly hold kernel code such as PSU, mobo, etc... not to mention driver issues as well.

Happy Holidays !

jcgriff2

`

Perhaps you should check with the hundreds of users that I've had replace RAM over multiple sites and report back that issues have been solved, without further issue.

I respect your opinions of course as I always say, but the fact about my analysis history leaves no room for argument or speculation, which takes precedence.

Yes, of course...Happy Holidays. :)

Back
Top Bottom