Windows 10 Getting error 0x800f0988 when trying to update windows

mattwhite794

When im trying to install the 2020-03 cumulative update it will throw me this error, i tried everything from dism to defraging the hard drive but its still giving me that error message, it will jump from 20% to 70% for 10 minutes and then 100% and it will stay there for 5 minutes before throwing me that error

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

I would try running the windows update troubleshooter and if that doesn't resolve the issue then the next steps would be looking at the CBS.log and the Windows Update log which you have to dump with the powershell cmdlet Get-WindowsUpdateLog

I would try running the windows update troubleshooter and if that doesn't resolve the issue then the next steps would be looking at the CBS.log and the Windows Update log which you have to dump with the powershell cmdlet Get-WindowsUpdateLog
Ill give that a go

Right, i generated my log for my windows updates and i dont get it, could you take a look for me?

Try opening services.msc and
  • Stop the Windows Update Service and Background Intelligent Transfer if it's running
  • Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
  • Restart Windows Update Service and recheck for updates

Try opening services.msc and
  • Stop the Windows Update Service and Background Intelligent Transfer if it's running
  • Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
  • Restart Windows Update Service and recheck for updates
Did you want me to delete the entire folder, including the softwaredistrubution folder?

Back