Windows 7 Gigabit Network Driver Support for Win 7 64 bit

Greyaxe

Hi I have 3 gigabit network cards in my system, two are imbeded in theboard and one is a third party card, Realtech. I have instaleld the drivers for these three cards but they will not recognize gigabit supoort in 7? ANyone else with this issue?

The only thing I can think of is that you need to make sure you have 64 bit compatable drivers. Do you have the vista 64 bit drivers? I would think those would work.

The only thing I can think of is that you need to make sure you have 64 bit compatable drivers. Do you have the vista 64 bit drivers? I would think those would work.

Agreed, and you are right the Realtech drivers are in fact 32 bit, however the integrated gigabit nics are native to Windows 7, if your therory is correct why would theOS install 32 bit drivers? Further I have attempted to instal the 64 bit drivers from Vista, which should work, no go. Any other suggestions. The system board is an Asus M2N32-SLI.

I have twin Gigabit LAN ports on my Gigabyte board - both are Realtek chips and initially they both worked fine. Then Windows update informed me that there were new drivers available for these LAN ports, so I downloaded and installed them - only to find the new drivers didn't work and I couldn't find either my network or the internet.

Tried reverting back to the old drivers but Windows insisted that these were the right ones and no others were available, deleted them, only for Windows to re-instate them. I did a restore and I think this solved the problem - but because of other problems which arose from this, I ended up wiping the drive and doing a fresh install.

Don't touch the Realtek LAN drivers which Windows Update offers you!!!:mad:

I have the drivers for realtek onboard network card 32 & 64 bit..

Hello,

I posted something about this like 6 months ago. I have the drivers for the onboard Realtek 8111D. I don't know if they will work for other realtek, but they were emailed to me from realtek about 6 monts ago. This card is mounted on the

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard.

If you want these drivers, private me your email address and i'll forward you the email that realtek sent me with the drivers attached. She sent me both 32 and 64 bit drivers. I think I also had to update the bios to f4, or f5b, I forgot which.

Good luck,
David

PS, the vista drivers DO NOT WORK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom