Windows Vista google home page

Jimbo22

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Has anybody else noticed on google's home page that when it loads it just the google search bar w/google logo above it, until you move the mouse then you see all different links. Or is this just my computer doing something funny? This only happens in IE 8.

Last edited:
Has anybody else noticed on google's home page that when it loads it just the google search bar w/google logo above it, until you move the mouse then you see all different links. Or is this just my computer doing something funny? This only happens in IE 8.

I think it's you bassfisher.. :) Have you run any updates lately?

video clip of problem/annoyance

Here is a video clip of my problem/annoyance. The only way I could post it here is a link with youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do away with tabs and test it. I never use tabs.. makes closing browser windows a mess... stops me and wants to know if I want to close all tabs.... WTF.... I don't need to fiddle with the mouse and answer more questions when I want to close my browser window... and I don't want to close ALL windows if I use Alt + F4
Whoever likes this must enjoy wasting time.

Do away with tabs and test it. I never use tabs.. makes closing browser windows a mess... stops me and wants to know if I want to close all tabs.... WTF.... I don't need to fiddle with the mouse and answer more questions when I want to close my browser window... and I don't want to close ALL windows if I use Alt + F4
Whoever likes this must enjoy wasting time.

So how do I test it and what do you suggest?

Tools / Options / General / Tabs Uncheck the box that enables tab browsing..

Reboot and see if the funny mouse problem is still there when you load google.

AND if you are running 64 bit... try IE in the program files (x86) folder.. it's the 32 bit version

Try this

Click "Start" and type and enter "ap" to enter the appearance menu.
Click "best performance" then go back to "Let Windows choose.."

Well today there were two windows updates, Platform Update for Windows Vista (KB971644) and the other was for my Logitech webcam. I downloaded both and after the reboot my google home page is back to normal. So as far as I can tell, I still don't have a clue what the problem was or who's glitch it was.

Well today there were two windows updates, Platform Update for Windows Vista (KB971644) and the other was for my Logitech webcam. I downloaded both and after the reboot my google home page is back to normal. So as far as I can tell, I still don't have a clue what the problem was or who's glitch it was.

Yes some of the recent updates have been for IE8's compatibility list so I wonder if this is what has been your problem all along...Interesting!
Glad you got it sorted though..There's noting worse than having bug you can't track down..

Back