Windows 7 Got WAMPServer going...

kevin from Chi-town

Installed WAMP ( Includes : - Apache 2.2.11 - MySQL 5.1.30 - PHP 5.2.8 ) flawlessly.

Install PHPBB # without a problem. Now just create a domain I like and pop out a trial forum...I post in the near future.

Last edited:
Did you do anything special to achieve this? I have no experience with the program, but need to learn it.

Mine always shows "Server Offline"... it *tries* to go online, but then fails to do so without error.

This could also be a 64-bit phenomenon.

Are you talking about the server or forum.....

I 'm assuming you know that just because you got it up and running you still have to have nameservers forward to your address. Do you have the PHPBB up and running locally?

PHPBB has some security issues...it seems to be a favorite target among some people. My reasons for trying this is actually to test Win 7s firewall.

Mine is running on the 64 bit OS... and the server starts no prob. Are you saying the server itself wont start?

Last edited:
I 'm assuming you know that just because you got it up and running you still have to have nameservers forward to your address. Do you have the PHPBB up and running locally?

PHPBB has some security issues...it seems to be a favorite target among some people. My reasons for trying this is actually to test Win 7s firewall.

Mine is running on the 64 bit OS... and the server starts no prob. Are you saying the server itself wont start?

Really, all I'm trying to do is run the PHP and SQL mimicked servers while I learn PHP and SQL.

So download phpbb

PHPBB is a bulletin board (forum) that you can host locally. All your local run websites can be accessed by typing in 127.0.0.1 into your address bar. If you download WAMP, it will give you a SQL service console, and a server console. Its ideal for anyone looking to get started with thses languages and db's. If you decide to get PHPBB, it will ask you how you want to run this (either connect to another server or locally) with the 2nd option being your choice. If you run into problems repost and I'll help you out.

Really, all I'm trying to do is run the PHP and SQL mimicked servers while I learn PHP and SQL.
Have you made sure IIS for Windows isn't running. I had the problem with Windows XP that wampserver wouldn't start the services if IIS was running. It doesn't seem to effect Windows 7 though so I assume IIS is not automatically started.

Back
Top Bottom