Windows 7 GTX Vid Cards and other minor issues

thislilfishy

First off, kudo's to nvidia for jumping onto the windows 7 wagon early in the game. Booo...hiss for not allowing fan control in the control panel software. It sticks the fan speed at 40% which will cause to card to overheat under extended gaming sessions. I hope this is updated soon....I tried the Vista and XP software for this, but the XP software brought up instant BSOD and the Vista software worked mostly until a 3D app/game was loaded, at which point it would crash back to windows or lock completely. My guess is that windows 7 perhaps has a different GPU control set or something. At any rate, I need a way to overide the fan speed. Hopefully hidden in a config file somewere.

Second, I tried the search function here but didn't see anything, has anyone sorted out the raid controller, and system interrupt driver problems? Not a biggy, cept I was going to set my drives up into a raid 0 configuration and am concerned that I will not be able to access them.

Thirdly, for a beta program things work marvelously, and I am liking what I see so far. Good job, Vista was such a pain in the backside.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom