Windows 8 Hard disk problem and missing dll

dominict

A few days back, I got an error "Windows detected a hard disk problem". Thinking that it'll fix the problem, I reinstalled windows 8. However, for the past few days I've still been getting the same error when I turn on the computer. I ignore it and I can use my programs and play games without any issue. However, I noticed that my computer runs significantly slowly now. Today, I came home and turned on the computer. Instead of booting into windows, it said "scanning and repairing drive". I left it alone and came back a few hours later and it was booted into windows 8. I logged in and wanted to open up garena to play. Instead of opening up, an error came up saying "the program cant start because odbc32.dll is missing from your computer". I tried reinstalling garena but it does not work.I tried chkdsk but no bad files were found. I tried sfc /scannow but it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". Then, I tried dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it gave an error "DISM failed. No operation was performed." What can I do now?

Last edited:
A few days back, I got an error "Windows detected a hard disk problem". Thinking that it'll fix the problem, I reinstalled windows 8. However, for the past few days I've still been getting the same error when I turn on the computer. I ignore it and I can use my programs and play games without any issue. However, I noticed that my computer runs significantly slowly now. Today, I came home and turned on the computer. Instead of booting into windows, it said "scanning and repairing drive". I left it alone and came back a few hours later and it was booted into windows 8. I logged in and wanted to open up garena to play. Instead of opening up, an error came up saying "the program cant start because odbc32.dll is missing from your computer". I tried reinstalling garena but it does not work.I tried chkdsk but no bad files were found. I tried sfc /scannow but it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". Then, I tried dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it gave an error "DISM failed. No operation was performed." What can I do now?
Hi,
try running an application called SeaTools. It's a Seagate application which checks on the status of the HDD . It doesn't have to be a Seagate drive as it will work on almost any drive:
SeaTools | Seagate

Back