Windows 7 Hard Disk Problem

k3ro120

Hello... I got something on my Laptop. Its Toshiba c640, 2gb ram, 1gb vga, win 7 home premium, with Samsung HM321HI. Everything went fine, until i got a message, saying i have a Hard Disk Problem. It says i have to back up my drive, before the next warning, and so on..
This is the message:
Untitled.jpg

Please help me.. I don't know what to do..
Thanks a lot before.. ^^

Hi k3ro120, that message indicates that windows has detected the disk you're using is not reliable any more and is likely to fail in the near future. Actually it's not really Windows that's doing the detection, but for simplicity's sake let's say it is.
My suggestion would be to buy a new hard drive and back up to it as soon as possible.
If you're confident you can disassemble the drive from your laptop and replace it, then by all means buy an internal 2.5" drive and clone the existing one onto it, then switch them. Otherwise go to your nearest PC shop and tell them that you need to replace the hard drive and clone the existing one onto the new one.

Hope it helps!

It is a warning that you should heed - make sure that you make backup copies of all your user data - and keep the backups up to date. Also, run a full check on your disk drive - go to a command prompt and enter:

chkdsk C:

This will check your drive C. Repeat the same command for any other hard drives or partitions which you may have on your system just replacing the letter C with the appropriate drive letter. I would not necessarily dash out and replace the drive as a matter of urgency but you do need to keep the situation monitored and if you get a large number of errors reported by chkdsk or the warning become much more frequent then you probably should be looking to replacement.

Uhm , I'm afraid Pat is right and I was a bit impulsive (and partially wrong). I tend to get VERY scared when a hard drive starts giving warning messages. Had a few ones fail on me before, of course with no backup to speak of.
Still k3ro120, I'd suggest getting an external drive to backup up to if there's any data on your PC that is important to you. Not just now but as a "Best Practice".

Back
Top Bottom