Windows 10 Hard drive issue

Joedude

Hi everyone, I'm having a similar issue , when my HP all in one pavillion model 23-p108a tries to boot the screen goes blue with the crash code stating that hard drive is not mountable , so i tried to test the hardware which tested all , memory and hardrive and everything else and it was all good, i somehow managed to get the system repair where i tried to rebuild MBR and fix MBR and all that stuff for the start up but didn't work , i even took off the harddrive tried it in a different pc same thing, one of the things i noticed is that even when i try to back it back by one of the tools hp provide in system recovery it will go midway then give me and error that i don't have enough space or device compatible (external hdd to backuo stuff) which is not trur. So i used linux lite to open try and get the data and guess what, the windows partition wherw all the data is stored is not mountable, it seems to got stuck in hibernation some how, I'm sure there is was to override that. So I'm calling all the gurus out there to point out a script or a way to get it out of hibernation, linux suggested i try to mount the partition with read only privileges, but i dunno how to do that. ANY IDEAS.

Attachments

• 20170630_121857.jpg
    20170630_121857.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 263
Hmm
i even took off the harddrive tried it in a different pc same thing,

That HDD is sounding rather terminal especially as you tried it in another machine. If the data held on the drive is very important you might be able to get it retrieved professionally but it could be expensive to say the least.

You could try to put the drive in the other PC as data only drive and see if you can get the files copied that way.
Basically boot up on the drive in the other PC and try to look at the files on the malfunctioning drive.
No guarantee but worth a try.

Back