Windows 7 Harddrive Errors ?

zp3

I started having some severe system hang - checked event viewer and found "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR0" many times over.

I have an EVGA 680i SLI (122-CK-NF68) - updated chipset/storage drivers - no fix.

I opted to reload Windows. Previously I had two stand-alone HDDs - I setup a Raid 0 and cleared the MBR before starting the new install.

"Expanding Windows Files" seemed to take much longer than usual and during the final phase of setup I got "Windows could not configure one or more system components". I repartitioned and formatted and tried again - this time after the initial reboot just as its attempting to load Windows to finish installation (before the point I got the above error) there was an error (too fast to see) and the system reboot itself and continued this cycle till I shut it off.

I've had this machine for about 4 years and reload Windows about every 6-8 months. The above two errors back to back seemed like more than coincidence.

I'm not much of a hardware guy - I need some help starting my troubleshooting. Should I start by replacing cables, then hard drives? Something else?

Thanks for any assistance.

zp.

FYI...

I reseated cables to my HDDs and MB and files expansion during installation was much faster and installation overall was successful.

Hopefully this will resolve the controller error as well.

zp.

Back
Top Bottom