Windows 10 Harddrive is gone

KevinT

I recently cleaned out my computer (from dust) and when i booted up the PC again the D drive was gone, i suspected that one of the cables was loose and i bought a new one but still dosen't show up.. I have check in "disk management" and so on... but there is no driver there.. Just says "D", "No medium".

I can hear the harddrive start up when i connect it and all cables seems to be 100% fine now..

Anyone who got any ideas?

Is this the only HDD in your system? Normally the HDD is labeled as C drive and the CD/DVD drive is labeled as D drive.

Try clearing your CMOS by pulling the mobo batter out for 5 minutes.

Hi Kevin,
can the drive be seen in the bios?

Try changing the ports your plugged into and I'd just check again your connections are sound.

Hi

Is this an external or internal hard drive?
Are you sure that what you are seeing as drive D:\ in Disk Managment isn't your CD DVD drive?

It might show as no medium if there wasn't a disk in it.

Can you show us a screenshot of disk management?

Disk%20Management_zpsstxe1oom.jpg

Mike

Namnl_s.png

I have a C drive that's on 110gb.. The D drive as you see on the picture is a 2TB. (External harddrive)

Hi

Can you try plugging the drive into another computer?

Mike

I found this on another forum...

Ok, so I found the fix to my problem. I decided to run a "chkdsk /r" command and surprisingly, it fixed the problem!

It's worth giving it at try.

Ps. 2, I've found a lot of people reporting the same thing but not much in the way of solutions.

One person said that they fixed it by changing the drive letter in Disk Managment.

I think the best bet is to try it on another computer and if it shows the same thing then it's probably the electronics in the external drive.

You could remove the drive from it's case and try plugging it in using a USB converter and see if the drive is readable but that's about all I can think of.

Last edited:
Hi

Can you try plugging the drive into another computer?

Mike

I found this on another forum...

Ok, so I found the fix to my problem. I decided to run a "chkdsk /r" command and surprisingly, it fixed the problem!

It's worth giving it at try.

Ps. 2, I've found a lot of people reporting the same thing but not much in the way of solutions.

One person said that they fixed it by changing the drive letter in Disk Managment.

I think the best bet is to try it on another computer and if it shows the same thing then it's probably the electronics in the external drive.

You could remove the drive from it's case and try plugging it in using a USB converter and see if the drive is readable but that's about all I can think of.

What worked is that i unplugged the cable going to the motherboard and just changed the slot, worked directly so can't tell if "chkdsk /r" works. But thanks so much for the assistance!

Regards,
Kevin

Closed topic.

Back