Windows 10 Have Win 10 and different computer can not see or share info

Joe decor

I have desktop and laptop plus a netbook(small 11 in acer) all running win 10. Some times the laptop see the desktop and some times the netbook see the laptop. I noticed you had a small batch file and tried to run (1st post) The screen turns black and a few seconds later it goes away. If I go into file explore I can access desktop in the laptop. Need help.

I have desktop and laptop plus a netbook(small 11 in acer) all running win 10. Some times the laptop see the desktop and some times the netbook see the laptop.

Please answer these questions so that I can understand your problem:

Can the desktop computer see the laptop and the netbook?

Can the laptop see the netbook?

Can the netbook see the desktop?

I noticed you had a small batch file and tried to run (1st post) The screen turns black and a few seconds later it goes away. If I go into file explore I can access desktop in the laptop.

Please try to clarify this part. It is difficult to understand what you mean.

The first post I have seen on the networking forum is about the Network Diagnostic Information ' I d/l and when I click on it ran in the CMD black screen but then it went away. I under stand that info would be of use. So I guess I do not know how to upload it correctly.
The laptop (LT) can see both the desktop and the netbook. BUT only if I go through the file explorer (\\192.168.x.xx).
The desktop (DT) can only see the laptop if I go through the FILE EXPLORER. If I try and go through the file explorer to see the netbook I am asked for NETWORK CREDENTIALS.
The netbook (NB) only can see desktop or laptop through the file explore but I am asked for NETWORK CREDENTIALS FOR BOTH DT,LT
The router has the correct names for the computers.
Some times (meaning not much or very spotty) the LT or DT can see each other and some times I can not even use the file explorer to access any computer.

I have FIOS and a ACTIONTEC router. The desktop is hard wired to router. Laptop and Netbook are wireless. Both LT and NB can see the printer that is connected to router.

A host based firewall can interfere with network discovery. If you're using the built-in Windows firewall make sure all devices have the private profile active and not the public.

You can verify your firewall from a powershell prompt and type Get-NetConnectionProfile -IPv4Connectivity Internet
Look at the NetworkCategory property, it should say Private

Next press [Windows key + r] and type in services.msc
Verify the following two services are set to manual
'Function Discovery Provider Host'
'Function Discovery Resource Publication'

These two allow for the Network explorer to function within the file explorer 'explorer.exe'

I can not run---get-netconnectivityprofile-ipv4connectivity internet --I get (had to find win powershell,never heard of it),I do not believe it is case sensitive-tried both ways===
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\ GET-NETCONNECTIONPROFILE-IPV4CONNECTIVITY INTERNET
GET-NETCONNECTIONPROFILE-IPV4CONNECTIVITY : The term 'GET-NETCONNECTIONPROFILE-IPV4CONNECTIVITY' is not recognized as
the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was
included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ GET-NETCONNECTIONPROFILE-IPV4CONNECTIVITY INTERNET
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (GET-NETCONNECTI...PV4CONNECTIVITY:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\ Get-NetConnectionProfile-IPv4Connectivity Internet
Get-NetConnectionProfile-IPv4Connectivity : The term 'Get-NetConnectionProfile-IPv4Connectivity' is not recognized as
the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was
included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-NetConnectionProfile-IPv4Connectivity Internet
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-NetConnecti...Pv4Connectivity:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
-------------------------------
Now for the services.msc
DESKTOP was RUNNING MANUAL
LAPTOP was MANUAL
NETBOOK was MANUAL

Back