Windows 10 Having "lagging" issues?

Ragnarok

Hi,
Upgraded to Windows 10, for 1 or 2 months ago.
Now I am having issues with my computer. The problem is as following:
When I am doing something on my computer for some time it freezes (both audio and visuals) for a few millisecs, maybe a sec. This happends about 10-15 times through a session (8 hours) aproxomatly.

I have not been able to find out if it's hardware related, OS related or Virus related and I dont know what steps I should perform to find out what of those 3 it could be, and find out what the problem is.

I heard many other windows users like myself had the same issue, but no way to fix it.
Any suggestions?

Virus program that I'm using: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Avira (Avira is telling me that it found 2 hidden objects but nothing else except that.)

Hi,
have you tried using windows 10 with just the default Defender AV? Many users have been finding it's the third party av at fault with one or two issues especially if it was enabled at the time of upgrade.

So you're saying that the security programs can make my computer "stutter"? It not directe lagging, its more like "stuttering/choppy". Like watching a movie, and they are saying "hey", it might be something like "he he hey"

All I'm saying is that 'it's a possibility'. Especially if the application was enabled during the upgrade.

Did you make sure, after you upgraded, that your running Windows 10 drivers?

Also do run any kind of maintenance like running the disk cleaner or defragger?

If you could list your system specification I might be able to tell you more.

I forgot to mention if you updated something recently could that likely be the cause?

It has been like this since I upgraded.
Specs:
AMD FX 8150 8 core processor.
8 GB ram
Radeon HD 7800 series
Sabertooth 980fx motherboard

Tried: updating Windows after the win10 update, checked for updates today.
Updating drivers (Soundcard, Graphiccard, as well as Realtek
Made a new user on my computer because one of the Microsoft Support Staff said that might work, something it didn't
Deleted my old antivirus software because I lost the licence (I had it from 8.1, and when I upgraded to w10 I lost the licence, uninstalled and got Avira instead

Is it any easy way to "delete C-drive" without me needing to get Win8.1 and then upgrading to win10 again?

Is it any easy way to "delete C-drive" without me needing to get Win8.1 and then upgrading to win10 again?
Do you mean re-install windows 10?

Try running a system file scan. Do a search for command prompt, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Yes, would like to re-install win10

Results:
Windows Resource Protection Did not find any integrity violations.

Hi,
if you pop along to the link in this thread: Windows 10 Build 1511 (10586) ISO
You will be able to download an iso of the very latest Windows 10 version. You will not need to input your activation key just click skip or words to that effect.

Hi,
sorry was out all afternoon.
Well you will have to burnt the iso to either disk or USB. You can use software to run ISO files from within the os but you'll be best doing a clean install. This means changing the boot order and booting from the device or disk that windows is on.

Edit:
Oh and before you do the clean install I would go to your motherboard support page and download the drivers especially for network and chipset. Store them until needed.

Last edited:
Hi,
sorry was out all afternoon.
Well you will have to burnt the iso to either disk or USB. You can use software to run ISO files from within the os but you'll be best doing a clean install. This means changing the boot order and booting from the device or disk that windows is on.

Edit:
Oh and before you do the clean install I would go to your motherboard support page and download the drivers especially for network and chipset. Store them until needed.
Will get myself a USB after the weekend and see how it goes.
I am now 100% confident that its not VIRUS/Malware related after the 5-7 programs that is "aggresive" I have tried.

Back