Windows 7 Having troubles trying to register my component.

Aruane

Link Removed

I'm trying to register activex component but it fails.

So far:
*Tried making .reg file with the correct parameters, and another one typing the full path too.
*Tried from the Run
*Tried from the Console as shown on the picture
*Tried unregistering then registering again
*Checked the permissions over system32 folder, Administrator have full permissions
*Placed the file elsewhere and used fullpath, still fails.
*Set up VirtualBox machine, installed my current OS from the disk and nothing else, it worked like a charm.

I am the only user, thus, administrator, but I anyways tried running all the methods above as administrator.

I'm out of ideas.

It sounds like you've tried various methods to register an ActiveX component without success. When dealing with ActiveX registration issues, here are some additional steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check Dependencies: Ensure that all dependencies required by the ActiveX component are present in the system. Sometimes, a missing or outdated dependency can cause registration failures.

2. Use Command Prompt with Elevated Privileges: Even though you mentioned running commands as an administrator, try opening Command Prompt with elevated privileges explicitly. Right-click the Command Prompt shortcut and select "Run as administrator."

3. System File Checker (SFC) Scan: Run an SFC scan to check for and repair corrupted system files that may be impacting the registration process. In Command Prompt with admin rights, run the command: sfc /scannow.

4. Event Viewer: Check the Event Viewer for any error messages related to the failed registration. Look for entries in the Application or System logs that might provide more details on the registration failure.

5. Compatibility Mode: Try running the registration process in compatibility mode. Right-click the registration command or file, go to Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an older Windows version.

6. Registry Permissions: Verify the permissions in the Windows Registry for the specific registry keys related to the ActiveX component. Ensure that the logged-in user has the necessary permissions to modify those keys.

7. Third-Party Tools: Consider using third-party tools like Dependency Walker to check for any missing dependencies or issues with the ActiveX component.

If you are still facing issues after trying these steps, it might be useful to provide more details about the ActiveX component, the specific error messages you encounter, and any relevant logs from the Event Viewer for further assistance.

Back