Windows 10 Hello 1?Windows 10 installation and activation

Rapaaja

I bought a used computer that was completely emptied of the operating system. On another computer (with Win 10 Home) I created a Windows installation media on a USB flash drive. With this USB stick I installed Windows on my computer. During or after the installation, no activation code was requested at any time. Why would this happen?

In the machine settings, the Activation section shows that the machine is running Windows 10 Pro and that Windows is activated with a digital license.

Why is Windows a Pro? It was not possible to make a selection between Home and Pro during creation or installation of installation media. What does that digital license mean?

I also purchased a Windows 10 Home license, but when I try to update the product key on my machine, it fails (The product key you entered does not work. Check the product key and try again or enter another product key (0xc004f050)).

However, the machine seems to be working normally, and it does not hurt activation. However, can I think it is now entirely legal if I sell it for example? Is the Windows license somehow connected to the machine where the Installation Media was created?

I bought a used computer that was completely emptied of the operating system. On another computer (with Win 10 Home) I created a Windows installation media on a USB flash drive. With this USB stick I installed Windows on my computer. During or after the installation, no activation code was requested at any time. Why would this happen?

Where did you download the Windows ISO from?

I also purchased a Windows 10 Home license, but when I try to update the product key on my machine, it fails (The product key you entered does not work. Check the product key and try again or enter another product key (0xc004f050)).

That happens because you have installed Windows PRO on your computer and the license you bought is for Windows Home.

However, can I think it is now entirely legal if I sell it for example? Is the Windows license somehow connected to the machine where the Installation Media was created?

You must install Windows Home on that computer in order to be legal.
This is the official page for downloading Windows:
Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

Edit Hello in that about 3 weeks ago I started
Win 10 2 machines installed by the same pro and displayed on the machine / account.

The Windows 10 ISO contains both home and pro in it and the the only real differences are features that get installed. I might question the license you purchased. Did you buy it from a reputable vendor? I've seen shady sites selling people the publicly available KMS license.

HI
The questioner did not say yet but does not tell me when I write google: Win 10 ISO: Download the Windows 10 visual file (ISO file) - Microsoft
Download Windows 10 not WIN 10 ISO

edit.THANK YOU Neemobeer Good point, however, it is possible to download WIN 10 ISO / to PRO and NOT to change. Or not ask to loadin .

Last edited:
HI Hello intresting
Neemobeer
I bought the license from Germany on eBay, but I have not really needed it, what I was trying to do now, even if it was activated with a "digital license".

Otherwise, there would be nothing to do with it, as it seems to be playing normally, but when I was about to sell the machine even further. thank you for your patience Rapaaja

Last edited:
HI I agree with this question is presented as a new Win 10 person downloaded. Microsoft Community Ask community. He doubt if the result is PRO Thanks for your answers .This has been resolved

Last edited:
Back