Windows 7 Help Acer Aspire M1100 - No Wired Network

jp9757

I have recently upgraded my Aces Aspires RAM and then realized that the additional RAM will only work in Win7 64-Bit

This I went out and bought Win7 64Bit and installed it, before the install my PC was working just fine, but after the install I have run into a whole host of issues.

1. My LAN Network Card stopped working, I have downloaded all sorts of drivers and none worked

2. My Asus EN210 Silent/DI/512MD2(LP) also stopped working, only one screen comes on and Win7 keeps stopping the driver

Please help, I'm at my wits end here:confused:...should I just buy a new network card and graphics card? Which once are guaranteed to work with my machine as I found loads of posts on the net stating people have bought things and it just does not work with Win7 64bit...I cant afford to waist money like that.

Haven't checked the Network Adapter, but have you used this driver?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download EN210 Series

Edit: Acer seems to indicate there are not Windows 7 drivers for the Network Adapter. This might mean they are built into Windows 7. If there are no shown, or they will not work, you might jump down to the Vista x64 drivers. But x64 drivers are much more controlled than the 32 bit ones, so substitutions will be harder to find.

Last edited:
Back