HELP!!!! BSOD's

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Rwoodward, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Rwoodward

Rwoodward New Member

For the life of me I can not determine how I am getting these BSOD's!!!! From what i can tell the only time I get these blue screens is from when my MagicJack is plugged in, but I went to the website to do an update so it works better with windows 7.

My system is custom built: motherboard is a ECS P4M800-PRO version 2.0 I have 2 GB DDR2 200GB Western Digital SATA, PNY Verto Geforce FX 5200 256MB PCI video card. The only USB I have attached is a Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard, USB mouse, MagicJack and HP OfficeJet 5610 All-in-one.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Regards,

Rudy

Attached Files:

2. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Honorable Member
    Microsoft MVP

Rwoodward welcome

Yes these crashes were related to your USBPORT.SYS and magic jack the likely culprit. I would do two things.

1-Run a system file check

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
    To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
    SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

2- follow the turorial here USB Driver - General Fix for Problems - Windows 7 Forums.

If neither of those help you may want to run driver verifier to nail down exactly which driver is at fault.

1 person likes this.
  3. Elmer

Elmer Extraordinary Member

Excellent link zigzag re:USB Driver - General Fix for Problems.

Now added to my list of "canned speeches".

4. Rwoodward

Rwoodward New Member

Ok, I went to the link regarding USB Driver General Fix For Problems. I did install SP1 about a month ago but never knew about the BugCode_USB_Driver issue was a bug in regards to not being part of the download. I just downloaded the fix and so far, im not getting any Blue Screens (crosses fingers). I did go to Nvidia website to download the drivers for my FX5200 graphics card. Altho I am confused, my system is still showing the driver being from 2006, I did click on the updated driver link NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support
    Version:
    Release Date: April 9, 2010

I installed it but my driver is still showing the old one Version 96.85??? Im confused on that.

5. Rwoodward

Rwoodward New Member

I spoke to soon, I was on You Tube and blue screen came up with a stop code of 0x0000000A Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal. Not sure whats that leading to?

6. Rwoodward

Rwoodward New Member

Here is the Dump file.

Attached Files: