Windows 7 Help - I Can't Send Any Messages from Windows Live Mail

Jim S

Honorable Member
I tried to forward a message to a tech support group at Webshots, a website where I have photo albums stored. My ISP, Cox, thinks that the message is spam and refuses to send it. OK, I can live with that. But the error message below now appears every time I try to sync my WLM account, and it won't go away. I can't find any way to delete the offending outgoing message - it's not in any of the mail folders. There's no delete option in the box where the error message is displayed - just "hide." The worst part is that I can't send any valid outgoing messages - the bad message seems to block everything. Where is this mysterious message that Cox doesn't like that is blocking all outgoing messages from WLM? How can I get rid of it? Stopping and restarting WLM doesn't help - WLM has a great memory and doesn't forget about it. The comment in the error message about size exceeded is not valid. The size of the offending message is actually quite small. I tried the "break messages into smaller parts" as a last resort, but that didn't do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Jim--

The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts.

Subject 'Fw: You have a new Webshots Guestbook entry!'
Server Error: 552
Server Response: 552 5.2.0 vdGY1c00C4jhb5g04dGYQf This message was undeliverable. This message has been found to be a potential spam message, and has therefore been blocked. Please visit Welcome to Cox.net for more information.
Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6D
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'Scenery Album'
Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

Run Windows Explorer... go to windows live mail in your user profile and delete anything there.

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand what you are suggesting. I think you want me to go to my online Live account, which I have done. What I see there is a message saying, "You don't have an inbox...yet. Sign up for Windows Live Hotmail and get a free, customizable inbox with lots of storage and great security." Note that my problem is with Windows Live Mail, not Windows Live Hotmail. The problem I am experiencing happens when I use Windows Live Mail strictly as a local client on my PC and has nothing to do with my online Live account. The offending message that Cox believes to be spam and refuses to send has to be resident somewhere on my PC - not on any website. But it doesn't show up anywhere for me to delete it. It just won't go away. Any other ideas?

--Jim--

My Face Is Red!!!

I'd better do that in color. My face is red!

All evening I've been looking at the folders listed under my email account header, which are Inbox, Drafts, Sent items, Junk e-mail and Deleted items, figuring that the offending message had to be in one of them. I thought if it hadn't been sent, then it must be in Drafts. I never saw the word Outbox in a large font below those folders (but not subordinate to the email account header). As soon as I clicked on Outbox, of course the offending message and several other good messages which I had sent later were displayed. When I deleted the offending message, the others were sent successfully, and everything is fine now. How I missed the word Outbox for all those hours I'll never know!

--Jim--

With everyting windows calls "live" it's not easy to understand exactly what is screwing up.. but I think you are talking about some kind of bad message in your outbox folder....that's not going out? Let's see if I can figure out a command you can run from your command prompt to do what I think you need to do... try this from a command prompt

del "%userprofile%\appdata\local\microsoft\windows live mail\outbox\*.*"

It should ask if you are shure you want to delete the file that is stuck in your outbox... press Y to confirm and clean out the outbox.

hahah... i was working on the backdoor to do that in a messages and when i pressed reply ... your message showed up. Glad you got it wacked.

Thanks

hahah... i was working on the backdoor to do that in a messages and when i pressed reply ... your message showed up. Glad you got it wacked.

Thanks for doing that work on my behalf anyway. I'll never forget where the Outbox is again!

Back