Windows 7 Help needed - Admin account privellages not wroking

rfcgreg

Hi

I noticed a few days ago that my computer power plan was wrong so went to control panel to change and it says some settings are managed by your administrator and wont let me choose anything.

- UAC is disabled
- My account is only admin account
- Global built in admin account is disabled
- System restore wont work

Basically the computer is still functioning to an extent

- Still have access to C:\ and my other drive
- can access cmd.exe
- also got access to system folder too

I have went through checked all the privileges for my user and the administrators group all are ok, used the "windows god mode" shortcut to check through the rest of the settings everything to my knowledge seems fine except a few basic rights it seems.

Also it blocks access to things like my AMD Fusion utility which works with the motherboard to control the Power plans (which i need to change)

So does anyone know how I can restore my admin rights? Bear in mind that I cannot do system restore I also tried it from F8 no go.

Greg

A couple of things you can try.

Try going to Administrator mode through the command prompt.
See if you can make the changes that you want.

How to Enable the Administrator Account

Open the command prompt with elevated privileges by clicking the Start orb, AllPrograms, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.

Type or cut and paste…

net user administrator /active:yes

and then press Enter.

Log out and log back in asAdministrator.

When you are done undue theprocess by doing the same thing and pasting in

net user administrator /active:no

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also install an App named...

Grant Admin Full Control

Link Removed - Not Found

It will ad a command to your right click drop down that will force Windows to allow you access to some of the things that it blocks you from.

The security is the worst thing about Windows 7, I know that they meant well but it's a pain.

I'm happy to say that Windows 8 is somewhat better in this respect.

Mike

Last edited:
Hey thanks for replies,

@ Kemical: I have scanned with Avast, Comodo's anti virus n malware along with Spyboth S&D and MS defender... nothing I also use CCleaner near enough on a daily basis. I have also looked at that MS support site and its not very helpful, I need admin privileges on my standard user for gaming and for my monitoring/clocking/cooling tools and whatnot (Im not making a new account just for web browsing).

@ Mike: thanks for the reply but Im needing to fix the problem I used to be able to change these things fine my account still shows as admin and i can still perform some admin tasks i just need to restore the rest and turning on the built in admin wont fix problem only allow me to change the things back outside my usual account

doesnt work, It seems to have corrupted my restore points they just dont work.

looking for a way I can maybe just rewrite? I know im not the first person who has encountered this... Anyone? any patches or anything?

I have ran all the scans I can from spybot ver 1 & 2, mb anti malware, avast, microsuck security essentials, even commodos anti virus. all relatively clean any threats have been minor like cookies and stuff no major finds...

Back
Top Bottom