Windows 8 Help! Problems with clean install of Windows 8 Pro x64 using an ISO or IMG DVD on my new PC build.

jsenchak

I recently downloaded Windows 8 x64 using Microsoft Dreamspark for Acedemic Institutions. I followed the installation instructions on the Dreamspark website and created both an ISO and an IMG DVD, but each time I try to install it on my new PC build, using either of the disks, I get an error.

The error is usually one of a variety of errors. I get the BSOD and it says the following:

Recovery

Your PC needs to be repaired

The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors.

File:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnl.exe
Error code: 0xc0000098

you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disk or USB device),
contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Startup Settings

Sometimes the error will say there are registry files that are corrupt or missing, or something like that.
Here are my hardware peripherals, just in case.

Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 4
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 975 Black Edition @3.6 GHz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 9750HD
RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu (4 x 2 GB)
HD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB
CD/DVD Drive: ASUS 24x DVD Burner SATA Model DRW - 24B1ST

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't understand what the problem is, as I am attempting a clean install on a brand new PC build. I have eliminated the possibility of it being a corrupt download by re-downloading the file and creating a new disk. No one on the Microsoft forums or on any other forum I have posted to seems to be able to help me. My frustration is building because I am anxious to get my PC up and running so I can start gaming on it. It has been just sitting here for over a week now. Can someone come up clutch here?

To make sure we are on the same page. You did a download of Windows 8. It was downloaded and you were given the option of making an .iso file you could then burn to DVD as an image? Because you say "either of the discs" it might be the correct format in not in place.

How are you burning the .iso to a DVD?

To make sure we are on the same page. You did a download of Windows 8. It was downloaded and you were given the option of making an .iso file you could then burn to DVD as an image? Because you say "either of the discs" it might be the correct format in not in place.

How are you burning the .iso to a DVD?

I downloaded Windows 8 from Microsoft Dreamspark premium, which provides free software to technology students. I wasn't given an option to make an iso file but the website gave instructions on how to do so and recommended a program called Active@ISO Burner to do it. I followed the instructions and used that program. When the disk didn't work as an .iso file I converted the file to a .img file and made a new image dvd, but got the same error. I tried re-downloading Windows 8 to assure that it wasn't a corrupt download. I burned the new file to a disk as an .img file and the error persisted. It starts off right with the Window's logo showing but then I get the BSOD before I can do anything else.

Back