Windows 7 HELP Remove Vista and stay with 7

josegovi

hello to everyone,

First of all i want to say thanks in advanced to any person who helps me with the problem I am about to present to your guys.

I have two hard disk drive(not 1 with 2 partition), first HDD 55GB with Windows Vista Ultimate, and the second HDD 460GB it used to be empty. I decided to try Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit, i tried it, i liked it and now i want it to be my main OS and delete Windows Vista Ultimate and format that HDD(1st HDD with 55GB) so i can use it on as a back up disk, however when i try to do this, i cant, i get the folllowing errors:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

thats when i try to perform a format by going on my computer and right clicking the HDD(where Vista is installed) and hitting format.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

thats when i try to perform a format by going on the start menu then right click on my computer, then hit mage, disk management and finally right click on the HDD where Vista its installed and clicking on format.

Now ive ben researching for this about a day already, and i saw on one of the forums that i need to have Windows 7 as the bootloader or something like that....in other words what i could understand its that in my case Windows Vista its the one that has the bootloader meaning i cant format that HDD because of this....i guess what i need its to have 7 to be the bootloader so i can perform what i stated below....any help would be great and also i would really appreaciate if it could be like for dummies since i dont consider myself an expert on the computers world....i also want to state that i dont want to install Windows 7 in the 1st HDD with 55GB.

Thanks in advance again.

Use Run in Start bar type in MSCONFIG then go to boot tab make Windows 7 your default boot and delete the Vista boot this may do the trick

didnt work

Thanks super sarge i tried doing this by the msconfig and also by BCDEdit and then when i restart it says BOOTMGR is missing so then i have to start with the Vista DVD on and do a startup repair...thank you anyways i hope theres someone out there that can help me out.

Ok then try installing our W 7 disk for a re-install when it gets to the point where you can select the drive you want it on format the drive with vista on it and cancel your installation. You may have to run repair from the disc after this as it could change the MBR

well see i tried to go on an start the pc with the w7 disc on then i format the HDD where vista is and when i cancel the setup and started the pc back again i had the same message BOOTMGR is missing, so i started the pc back again with the w7 disc back on and when i got to the setup i went to the part to repair and it says it was gonna repair and restart, and it kept saying BOOTMGR is missing so i had to reinstall vista in the other HDD again, im already going nutz i cannot believe how is it that something that simple could be so complicated.

Back
Top Bottom