Windows 7 Help requested (Seven Forums ZIP (+ RAMMon & CPU-Z) Attached)

Reedus

Attached is the ZIP File as per your instructions. I updated my specs on the forum as well. Let me know if there's any more information needed.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 390
I should include a little history:

About 2-3 weeks ago I started suddenly getting random, frequent restarts. After some trial and error (including reinstalling Windows 7) and a little research, I determined the most likely (and cheapest to repair) cause was the PSU (which was only 600W). So I replaced it with an 850W and the restarts stopped. It's been ten days since I replaced the PSU. I hadn't yet moved any files from my windows.old file that was created when I reinstalled Windows 7, so I did that about two days ago. I simply moved everything in my old user file to the new one. Otherwise, I copied the Windows/FONTS folder and my Steam applications. All other program files were redownloaded. I then deleted the windows.old folder. Soon after I did all of this, I started experiencing BSODs. I get them while playing Guild Wars 2. I also got one while viewing some flash videos last night.

As far as I know, the BSOD doesn't list a specific reason. It displays: 0x0000001e (0x0000000, 0x0000000, 0x0000000, 0x0000000).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

unfortunately you forgot to include a dmp file. If you didn't forget or you don't have one to send then please read the sticky found here:
http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html

This will tell you how to post said file.

Looking through the info you did send I notice your bios needs updating. It's currently has version F6 and this has been updated to F8.
You have a revision 1.0 board which is found here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

I also notice your RAM has a cmd rate of 1T it might run better at 2T which is usually more stable. 1T is slightly faster (2-3%) but not as stable.

Looking through your drivers these jumped out at me:

BrFiltLo Brother USB Mass-Stora Kernel 8/6/2006 6:51:06 PM
BrFiltUp Brother USB Mass-Stora Kernel 8/6/2006 6:51:02 PM
Brserid Brother MFC Serial Por Kernel 8/6/2006 6:51:11 PM
BrSerWdm Brother WDM Serial dri Kernel 8/6/2006 6:51:05 PM
BrUsbMdm Brother MFC USB Fax On Kernel 8/6/2006 6:51:00 PM
BrUsbSer Brother MFC USB Serial Kernel 8/9/2006 5:11:02 AM

2006 is a tad old. I'd see if you can find updates for the above.

If you post a dmp file we can help further and be more precise on the diagnosis.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't forget to include a dmp file, it just isn't generating one. I've followed the instructions very carefully. I'm not sure why it isn't. I took a picture of the last BSOD, if that helps:

IMAG04301.jpg

Is it possible that some BSODs simply don't generate a dmp file?

I just updated my bios but the drivers for the printer are the latest available. I'm still getting BSOD.

How do I change the RAM cmd rate?

Again, thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

you change settings like cmd rate etc via the bios.

We really need to see a dmp file as the information contained allows us to diagnose your system at the time of said bsod. Are you running with a pagefile? Also did you follow Ickymays post just below the main thread opener? I'll re-iterate just in case:

Open control panel, click on 'System and security' followed by 'System'. On the left you'll see 'Advanced system settings', click that. You'll then see a new dialogue box open, click 'Settings' under 'Start up and Recovery' and make sure that under 'write debugging information', 'Small memory dump (256kb)' is selected from the drop down menu. In the box marked 'Small dump directory' make sure it say's this: %SystemRoot%\Minidump

If everything is set correctly then next time it bsods look in your Windows folder for Minidump and it should contain a dmp file.

If you've done the above, have a page file running and still no dump file appears try this Hotfix: http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...reate-memory-dump-file-without-page-file.html

I would also rule out malware by running Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes

Just to check your HDD is ok please run a chkdsk.

It also sounds like you might have some corruption with you moving windows files about, please run the system file checker:
Rightclick cmd prompt and run as admin. Type:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and then let the scanner do it's thing.

Back
Top Bottom