Windows 10 HELP!!! serious Win 10 Internet connection issue

ToraM

I just upgraded my desktop from Win 7 to Win 10. My LAN is connect, but only Microsoft Edge is able to connect to the internet, none of other programs worked, Google Chrome, game apps, even antivirus software is not connected. I desperately need help! I basically cannot do anything using my desktop since I use it more for downloading and gaming!!! All programs show a no internet connection error page except Edge, it is frustrating!!! PLEASE HELP!!! I'm desperate!

Check your Firewall and your drivers. Also, you can try running Command Prompt as admininstrator. In the command line type: netsh winsock reset. Press Enter then restart your PC. Hope it helps!

I just upgraded my desktop from Win 7 to Win 10. My LAN is connect, but only Microsoft Edge is able to connect to the internet, none of other programs worked, Google Chrome, game apps, even antivirus software is not connected. I desperately need help! I basically cannot do anything using my desktop since I use it more for downloading and gaming!!! All programs show a no internet connection error page except Edge, it is frustrating!!! PLEASE HELP!!! I'm desperate!

ToraM, you are not alone. I had to re-install Windows 10 Pro yesterday, and got lots of problems. WiFi wouldn't work properly, Microsoft Edge alone could access internet, Google Chrome wouldn't work even though it had an exception in the Windows Firewall. I too tried the 'netsh winsock reset' from Cmd, didn't help at all!!!
Have tried all I could come up with, only ONE thing solves this issue:
Turn Windows Firewall OFF for allt 3 settings: Domain, Private and Public.
This is of course NOT a good advice to run with Firewall Off, but by doing this you will get confirmation that the Windows Firewall in Windows 10 is corrupted... and NEED BE REPLACED NOW!!!
Weird that Microsoft Edge can access internet without problems, when Google Chrome et al are restriced from internet
access???
Unfortunately below screendump is in Swedish, but it says basically that YES Windows Firewall is blocking connections, and this issue has NOT been fixed.
Hopefully, Microsoft will now address this issue and write a FixIt that replaces entire Windows Firewall software, and reconstruct the exceptions in the NEW firewall.
//Kaparlasse:(

ScreenShot_20150821183539.png

Back
Top Bottom