Windows 7 Help! Windows 7 and BIOS only detecting 2 cores on Core 2 Quad Q6600

I did use prime95 when I overclocked my CPU from 2.40GHz to 3.00GHz to test the temperature but it went from 45oC to almost 70oC. I also have the latest bios already. Do you think its a bent pin in the motherboard? Cause I don't see any pins only flat square or rectangular pins.

Did the 2 missing cores start appearing before or after you decided to overclock? If they disappeared after the OC it sounds like 2 of the cores may be dead! Congratulations, however, as your CPU is somehow still standing. If you already tried to reseat and repaste the processor and its still showing two cores, you could try flashing the CMOS or updating the BIOS, but it sounds like components on the processor itself could be french toast.

Did the 2 missing cores start appearing before or after you decided to overclock? If they disappeared after the OC it sounds like 2 of the cores may be dead! Congratulations, however, as your CPU is somehow still standing. If you already tried to reseat and repaste the processor and its still showing two cores, you could try flashing the CMOS or updating the BIOS, but it sounds like components on the processor itself could be french toast.
It didn't disappear after I overclocked. I put it back to default after a few days cause my computer had very high temps. My BIOS is up to date. This happened after I took off the CPU and placed it back in.

cpu_inst_005.jpg

These are your CPU pins make sure there are no bent ones.

Back