Windows 7 help with file search

ruggb

Extraordinary Member
OK, I have read things about great new search functions in W7 but I can't even find the word SEARCH to click on.
let's start simple and tell me how to search for a file as I did in XP -- "rt click\search"

thanks

In Windows 7, searching for files is a bit different from Windows XP, but it's still straightforward. Here's how you can search for files in Windows 7:

1. Using the Start Menu:
- Click on the Start button located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the search box at the bottom of the Start menu, type the name of the file you are looking for.

2. Using File Explorer:
- Open File Explorer by clicking on the folder icon in the taskbar or pressing Windows Key + E.
- Navigate to the location where you want to search for the file.
- In the upper right corner of the File Explorer window, you'll see a search box. Click in that box and type the name of the file you are searching for.

3. Advanced Search:
- If you need more advanced search options, you can click on the Organize menu in File Explorer and select Folder and search options.
- In the Folder Options window, go to the Search tab and customize your search options.

By following these steps, you can easily search for files in Windows 7. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Back