Windows Vista help with getting my pc to factroy restore or getting sound in safe mode

GeeZillion

so i some how messed up my computer its a dell laptop running windows vista home premium and later this morning i restated my computer and now it freezes when i start it normally but it works in safe mode with networking and normal safe mode and i try to factory restore from the f8 menu but when i press enter on the repair your computer it either goes to a page giving me an option to start windows normaly or start in safe mode or sometimes it just boots it up normaly it wont go to the repar mode ive factry restored it bfre and its worked idk why it wont now. when i start it up normal it give me an deamon.exe error then when i try to press okay it just freezes my computer. and if i cant get that to work can you give me a way to get sound to work in safe mode cause my pc will work in safe mode ive tried some ways o was online but they didnt work the only way i think i could of messed up my pc is that i had the minerd.exe trojon on my pc so i found where it was and just put the minerd.exe in the recycling bin then emptied the recycling bin cause i restarted my pc a little bit after that like a day or so and thats when it started being dumb

Have a look at your disk via control panel (administrative tools, computer management, storage, disk management) to confirm that the recovery partition is still there and contains data. If it is try setting that partition to be the active boot partition to force it to boot the recovery.

Have a look at your disk via control panel (administrative tools, computer management, storage, disk management) to confirm that the recovery partition is still there and contains data. If it is try setting that partition to be the active boot partition to force it to boot the recovery.

if i do this and it wont boot into recovery mode what will happen?

The windows based program is a utility for managing your hard drive partitions. The iso is an image of a bootable CD which you need to burn to a cd using a utility such as imgburn. You can later boot from this cd to manage your boot settings and hard drive partitions if your system becomes unbootable.

Back