Piking

Hello anyone,
I copied a photograph from my Google account as my Background photograph and it looks great but since coping it, google photos continually interrupt me when I'm connected to any site I'm working on by interrupting the session and displaying some of my photos in my google account. This is really annoying and if someone could help me stop this from happening I will be very grateful. Thank you very much.
Peter King

Hello Peter,

It sounds like you're encountering some interruptions from Google Photos while working on other tasks, which can definitely be distracting. Let's see if we can resolve this issue.

Here are a few steps you can take to prevent Google Photos from interrupting your sessions:

1. Check Notification Settings:
- If you're receiving notifications from the Google Photos app or website, you can adjust your settings.
- On your computer, go to Settings > System > Notifications & actions and look for Google Photos. You can turn off notifications here.

2. Disable Auto-Sync for Google Photos:
- If the interruptions are related to auto-syncing your photos, you can disable this feature:
- Open the Google Photos app on your device.
- Navigate to Settings and then to Back up & sync.
- Turn off the Back up & sync toggle.

3. Close the Google Photos Tab:
- If you access Google Photos through a web browser, make sure to completely close the tab or window. Keeping it open may cause it to send notifications or display images.

4. Adjust Browser Permissions:
- If you’re using Google Photos in a web browser and it's still causing interruptions, check the permissions for notifications in your browser’s settings. You can manage how websites send notifications.

5. Turn Off Google Assistant Features:
- If you have Google Assistant enabled, it might be trying to show you memories or photos. Open the Google Assistant settings and turn off any features related to showing photo memories.

6. Logout from Google Photos:
- If you don’t need immediate access to your Google Photos, logging out can prevent any interruptions.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, please let me know more details about how you access Google Photos (via app or browser) and what specific notifications you're seeing. I'll be glad to help further!

Good luck, and I hope your workflow becomes smoother soon!

Thank you for the above. I've tried all your suggestion including going to One Drive and turning of notifications but to no avail, sorry.
When I went into Notifications settings I could find no trace of Google Photos, can you tell me how I can access this (I am not very computer literate)
Thanks again for your interest and assistance. Cheers. Peter

Hello Peter,
I'm glad you tried those suggestions, and I'm sorry to hear that the interruptions from Google Photos are still bothering you. No worries—let's step through how to access the notification settings for Google Photos in more detail.

Accessing Notification Settings on Windows 11​

1. Open Windows Settings:
    • Click on the Start button (Windows logo) or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Select the Settings icon (it looks like a gear) from the menu.
  2. Go to System:
    • In the Settings window, click on System from the left sidebar.
  3. Select Notifications & actions:
    • Scroll down and click on Notifications. This will bring you to the notifications settings.
  4. Review Notification Settings:
    • Here you can manage notifications for all applications.
    • Look for Google Photos in the list. If you don’t see it, it could mean that the application isn’t installed or hasn’t been allowed to send notifications.

If You Still Don’t See Google Photos​

• Check for Google Photos in Your Installed Apps:
    • Return to the main Settings menu.
    • Click on Apps in the left sidebar.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Scroll through the list and see if Google Photos is listed. If it is, click on it, and you may have the option to manage permissions and notifications.

Web Browser Notifications (If you use it online)​

If you're accessing Google Photos through a web browser, you might need to check its notification settings separately:

For Google Chrome:​

1. Open Chrome and click the three dots in the upper right corner (menu).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. In the left sidebar, click on Privacy and security.
  4. Click Site Settings.
  5. Scroll down to Notifications. Here, you can see the list of sites allowed to send notifications. If Google Photos is there, you can remove it or change its setting to "Block".

For Microsoft Edge:​

1. Open Edge and click the three dots in the upper right corner.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click on Cookies and site permissions in the left sidebar.
  4. Scroll down and select Notifications. Here, check if Google Photos is listed and adjust settings accordingly.

Last Resort​

If none of this works, a final option would be to uninstall the Google Photos app if you have it installed. If you are using it in your browser and it continues to be intrusive, consider using a different browser temporarily to see if the issue persists.
Let me know how it goes, and if you need step-by-step guidance through any specific part, I'm here to help! Cheers!

Hello Peter,
I'm glad you tried those suggestions, and I'm sorry to hear that the interruptions from Google Photos are still bothering you. No worries—let's step through how to access the notification settings for Google Photos in more detail.

Accessing Notification Settings on Windows 11​

1. Open Windows Settings:
    • Click on the Start button (Windows logo) or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Select the Settings icon (it looks like a gear) from the menu.
  2. Go to System:
    • In the Settings window, click on System from the left sidebar.
  3. Select Notifications & actions:
    • Scroll down and click on Notifications. This will bring you to the notifications settings.
  4. Review Notification Settings:
    • Here you can manage notifications for all applications.
    • Look for Google Photos in the list. If you don’t see it, it could mean that the application isn’t installed or hasn’t been allowed to send notifications.

If You Still Don’t See Google Photos​

• Check for Google Photos in Your Installed Apps:
    • Return to the main Settings menu.
    • Click on Apps in the left sidebar.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Scroll through the list and see if Google Photos is listed. If it is, click on it, and you may have the option to manage permissions and notifications.

Web Browser Notifications (If you use it online)​

If you're accessing Google Photos through a web browser, you might need to check its notification settings separately:

For Google Chrome:​

1. Open Chrome and click the three dots in the upper right corner (menu).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. In the left sidebar, click on Privacy and security.
  4. Click Site Settings.
  5. Scroll down to Notifications. Here, you can see the list of sites allowed to send notifications. If Google Photos is there, you can remove it or change its setting to "Block".

For Microsoft Edge:​

1. Open Edge and click the three dots in the upper right corner.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click on Cookies and site permissions in the left sidebar.
  4. Scroll down and select Notifications. Here, check if Google Photos is listed and adjust settings accordingly.

Last Resort​

If none of this works, a final option would be to uninstall the Google Photos app if you have it installed. If you are using it in your browser and it continues to be intrusive, consider using a different browser temporarily to see if the issue persists.
Let me know how it goes, and if you need step-by-step guidance through any specific part, I'm here to help! Cheers!
Thank you for your help. I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser, do you have any advice on that product. Thanks again, Peter.

Hello Peter,
Thanks for the update! Since you're using Mozilla Firefox, let's go through the steps to manage notifications specifically for Google Photos in that browser.

Managing Notifications in Mozilla Firefox​

1. Open Firefox Settings:
    • Click on the three horizontal lines (menu) in the upper right corner of the Firefox window.
    • Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
  2. Go to Privacy & Security:
    • In the left sidebar, click on Privacy & Security.
  3. Scroll to Permissions:
    • Scroll down until you find the Permissions section.
  4. Manage Notifications:
    • Under the Permissions section, look for Notifications. Click on the Settings... button next to it.
    • Here, you'll see a list of websites that have requested permission to send notifications.
  5. Find Google Photos:
    • If Google Photos is listed, you can choose to remove it or change its status to Blocked.
    • To remove it, select it and click on Remove Website. To block notifications, simply choose Block from the dropdown menu next to the site.
  6. Save Changes:
    • Once you've made your changes, make sure to click Save Changes if prompted.

If Google Photos Isn't Listed​

If you don't see Google Photos in the notifications settings, it might not have requested notification permissions, or it may be sending pop-ups instead of notifications. In this case, the above steps should still help in preventing any unwanted interruptions.

Additional Steps:​

• Block Pop-Ups: It's a good idea to ensure that pop-ups are blocked for websites that you find intrusive. In the same Privacy & Security settings, look for the Permissions section and check the Block pop-up windows option.
Try these steps and let me know if you still experience issues, or if there's anything else you need assistance with. I'm here to help! Cheers!

Back