Windows 7 Help with network connection

Jiffy23

Hey everybody,

Ive been using Windows 7 since the R.C. and I've been having this problem since I started using it. I figured someone would have the same problem and I would be able to find it somewhere, but I haven't been able to find anything that fixes my particular problem.

To sum it up, I cannot connect to the internet through my router while using Windows 7. The way everything is set up, I have my computer connect to the router (its a wired connection), then the router connects to my school's internet, and then it goes through a whole jumbled series of other routers until it gets to the gateway. When I'm hooked up through the router, the network map shows everything working fine up until the connection to the gateway, and when it gets there, it has an unknown error. Now, if i connect my computer directly to the ethernet jack and take the router out of the mix, everything works fine. The other thing is, if I boot using Windows XP, I can connect to the internet through the router without a problem.

Anyone out there have any ideas? Also, if you need any other specifics, I know my set-up like the back of my hand, so feel free to ask for any information.

Thanks you very much.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom