Windows 7 Help with removing old passwords from computers

stealthiii

Hello all,

I have two desktop stations that were previously used by two of my paralegals. They have since moved on to other companies, but they failed to leave the passwords for these machines. I was not managing partner at the time, or the computers would have been set up as network machines with an admin account to avoid these issues... Anyway, I am now attempting to wipe these machines to set them up for some incoming interns.

The machines are old HP towers running Windows 7 Pro. I intend to immediately update to Windows 10 one I can access the machine.

I have access to a few iMacs, but I do not currently have any other windows machines. Is there a way to create a reset password tool (USB or CD) on my iMac that will work to reset the passwords on these two desktop machines?

Thank you in advance. Again, our firm owns these machines, and I am simply attempted to access them so our firm can continue to use them for interns or training machines.

Just download a Windows 7 iso, burn it to disc or usb and install Windows 7 clean on them. You don't need the passwords.

Just download a Windows 7 iso, burn it to disc or usb and install Windows 7 clean on them. You don't need the passwords.

The thing is, I don't have a copy of the original product key for windows 7 pro. Will this matter?

I didnt illegally download the Operating system. It's just what came on the machine. And I'm 100% sure we don't have the box with the CD's laying around anymore.

Back