Windows 7 Help with system recovery

AmaranthBoar

Hi guys, I recently purchased a new custom built computer from a local computer store.

Everything was already set up, but I wish to do a system recovery. There is no system recovery option. I can't access the recover folder in my C: drive. I've asked windows support for help. It turns out my OS is an OEM which has no recovery option. Is there any other way to restore my computer to its original condition?

I spoke with the builder and he said backing everything up would be fine. I've tried the system restore, but I wish to clean everything from my computer including the programs installed.

Thank you so much for replying.

You probably paid for a copy the OS and should have received an install DVD at the time of purchase. Go back to the person who took your money and demand the install disc. Just mho

What is the OS and do you have a COA sticker with the product key - not the OEM key but the key that belongs to your system.

You probably paid for a copy the OS and should have received an install DVD at the time of purchase. Go back to the person who took your money and demand the install disc. Just mho

Whenever you get problems with anything recently purchased, be it a shovel or screwdriver or Porsche, or IT stuff, the first and most reasonable step is to go to the one who sold it - be it a legitimate store or a private person. All trade binds, the buyer to pay, the seller to stand for the product.

Thanks guys! I went to the seller, and he said I can back the whole thing up, and that works the same way as a system recovery. I'm inclined to believe what he says because of the store's 11 year history, and his 17 years experience. I am ashamed to say I'm an aspiring Computer Engineer; I'm not sure what to do.

I'm at Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Recovery >> Advance Recovery Methods.

It gives me two option:

Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer.

Reinstall Windows.

I've went through the whole process of the first option. But each time it ask for the file, I choose the .bin file, it says it doesn't exist.

Is there a link that walks me through the back up procedure? Thanks!

Ok, in advanced recovery you click on use a system image, then click skip (relating to backing up your files), then click restart and let windows select the latest image.
If it doesn't find one then you must have yet to create one which is in control panel > backup and restore > create a system image

Back
Top Bottom