Windows 7 Help with Windump files and BSOD

MarkofSouth

I have been getting BSOD for months now. Tried reinstall of Win 7 with no luck a few months ago. Problem still persists. I have provide the zip files based on the instructions for BSOD issues. There are lots of the dump files but ones from 7/26 and 7/27 are the latest. As a side note, when I keep the machine running for days or weeks without shutting down it seems to not go to the BSOD, but with I shut down for a few days (weekend) and when I start it back up it just does it repeatedly like you see in the files dates and times.

Please Let me know if you need any further files for analysis.

Thanks
Mark

Attachments

• W7F_27-07-2016.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 451
  • CPU-Z screenshots.zip
    326.6 KB · Views: 367
  • RAMMon - SPD Info.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 351
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8007279410, fffffa80072796f0, fffff80003377e40}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all dump files are the same as the above. Bugcheck F4 means that processes and threads vital for normal operation were, for whatever reason, terminated.
It appears that the process terminated is wininit.exe.
Wininit.exe is a critical system process the Windows requires in order to function. It basically allows services to start up and run which is why if it's removed then Windows simply cannot run.
Please run these scans to check for os corruption:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 42.2 GB
Total Space: 114.4 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB ATA Device

Please ensure your SSD is fully updated firmware wise and also the above free space is kinda on the limit and ideally it would be better if you could free up a little more?

Please update your drivers using your motherboard support page:
Support For B85-G41 PC Mate | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

athrx.sys Wed Nov 24 00:11:58 2010: Atheros network adapter driver please update
http://www.qualcomm.com/drivers

BiosVersion = V2.3
BiosReleaseDate = 09/18/2013
SystemManufacturer = MSI
SystemProductName = MS-7850
SystemVersion = 1.0
BaseBoardManufacturer = MSI
BaseBoardProduct = B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850)

The above Bios version is old and current version stands at version 2.9 with quite a few compatibility updates. Flashing the bios can be risky and you should only consider this if your comfortable. Perhaps there's a local computer store who could flash it for you?
Support For B85-G41 PC Mate | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

If after making the above changes you are still getting the bsod then run the driver verifier.

In order to run the verifer you will also need a recovery disk/USB.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive
This is just in case the verifier causes a blue screen loop on start up. If it does you can then use the recovery disk/usb to boot into the recovery console, enable safe mode and then turn the verifier off.

Hopefully by that point the culprit will have been caught and written on the dump file.
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Post any new dump files.

Thank you for the help so far. I found that the Restore health did not work either.

So I have update the mother board driver as well as the Samsung SSD (By the way I used this machine mainly for a server and use the other hard drives for data). I could not figure how to update the network drivers. So we will start with these two for now and see how it goes.

I did work with some guy on another board back a few months ago and he gave me a bunch of drivers to update with links but it did not help the BSOD issue at all. Even when I did not load any extra software on the machine at all. I cannot remember if I did the firmware on the SSD.

I will let you know how it goes over the next week or so.

Thanks again
Mark

I found that the Restore health did not work either.
Hey Mark,
Yeah sorry about that, I created the post mistakenly thinking you were running windows 10, (it's quite late here)I did realise my mistake but forgot to remove the dism stuff.

As pointed by Neemobeer DISM will not work with Windows 7.

Thank you for the update and hope all goes well. If you should bsod then please post back with the new dump file.

Here are 4 new dump files from last night. If nothing new I will go back to original response and keep working it.

Attachments

• 072816-5491-01.dmp
    275.4 KB · Views: 425
  • 072816-4867-02.dmp
    275.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 072816-4867-01.dmp
    275.4 KB · Views: 419
  • 072816-5506-01.dmp
    271.4 KB · Views: 416
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8008dbbb10, fffffa8008dbbdf0, fffff8000337ae40}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see same again.
I cannot remember if I did the firmware on the SSD.
If you simply run the latest version of the Magician software then you can see if the firmware needs updating or not:
The download you need is top left, version 4.9.7:
Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD

athrx.sys Wed Nov 24 00:11:58 2010: Atheros network adapter driver please update
I could not figure how to update the network drivers.
I'm pretty sure your network device is connected via USB? We need to know the full model name/number so we can find the correct drivers for you.

Please install the rest of the updates.

If after making the above changes you are still getting the bsod then run the driver verifier.

In order to run the verifer you will also need a recovery disk/USB.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...3a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-recovery-drive
This is just in case the verifier causes a blue screen loop on start up. If it does you can then use the recovery disk/usb to boot into the recovery console, enable safe mode and then turn the verifier off.
Please post any resulting dump files.

Back