Windows 7 Helppppppppp

wt.pm

My son managed to get a virus on his pc, it then infected both computers, I cleaned it off his, but when cleaning it of mine, it crashed 7 completely, I can't even restore it using the install disk. Is there any way to restore a 7 backup using XP? I am trying to avoid, reinstalling. I know I can restore the bkp, after the reinstall, I would just prefer to avoid the chance of things not linking back up completely, which is usually the case. All of my bkps are on an external hd, so I have no problem accessing them. The XP bkp program will not recognize them, is there any other way, a download 3rd-party or something?

Avast, Spy-bot, Windows Defender. However he was downloading from Limewire. This is the first time in two years we have gotten a virus using Avast, I tried several A-V's before none would stop the viruses. Avast has always prevented him from opening the files containing the viruses. Just not this time. I keep telling him not to use Limewire, but you know how kids are.

Forgot to say, Avast cleaned it on a scan, just missed it when he opened the file. I even know what file it was.

Last edited:
avast isn't a good av. use avira free!
not true, I'm using Avast Home Edition since long years, passed it thru XP, Vista and now Seven, never get problems, apart my stupidity from time to time it detect all shits.

apart my stupidity from time to time it detect all shits.

I've went back and forth between Avast and AVG since windows '98. Never had a problem with either, except when I do something stupid.
Like allowing something thru, then having to install the other because whatever it was, was already allowed.

Last edited:
exactly, there is no AV who can stop our own bad manipulation (moreless forced).
The only thing I should NOT RECOMMEND, it's Symantec Endpoint Protection, we get it in my job, it's heavy, not free, absolutely uncontrolled and difficult to set ! We are on XP here only (for info)....What will happen with newer versions ?

Back
Top Bottom