Windows 7 Hi all. I have a problem with a win10 install...

Ricey

I have 7 on my laptop but I want to upgrade too 10. I have done this on this laptop before with 7,8 and 10. Alwats worked. I do my install with a USB
I hsvr no cd drive on my acer ultra-book so I have to use a USB.. Normally I would use rufus and put 10 on the usb, turn off my laptop, boot up and hit F12
then selech to boot from the USB. Now if I try to do it (CLICK ON BOOT TO USB) It just boots back to the windows 7 I have already installed. I have tried a few USB
drives but all give the same result.

Can anyone think of why this is going on?

Any help will be very much appreciated!!!!!

Regards.

In rufus make sure it's set to uefi(no cms) when creating the usb and see if that works.

it is kinda working until I get to click, install.

Then I get an error saying "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

I Am going to google now and look for an answer too this if anyone here can help plzzzzz

Easiest Way, ishockey, is to copy the *.iso to a folder in Windows, and run the set up from there

If it's booting back to Windows then the computer isn't recognizing the usb drive as valid. Most likely you have a mismatch in partition / boot scheme MBR versus UEFI

thx mate but i might as well be a total noob... can u explain any more? i have got it too the screen that says install, but i get
this error... "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

how can I run an install from the iso?

ty

The Iso must be in a separate partition of minimum size to accomodate it , which you can create. Right Click it and "mount" it. Among the programs you will see the setup exe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom