Windows 7 Hibernate Feature not Working

kengloong

I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit intomy Toshiba Laptop. Before I activated the Windows 7, the Hibernate feature is working fine. After I've keying in the License Key, the Hibernate Feature is keep going to Sleeping Mode.

The exact output when I type this at an elevated command prompt.

powercfg -a

The result as follow:-

The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby < S3 > Hibernate Hybrid Sleep
The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby < S1 >
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
Standby < S2 >
The system firmware does not support this standby state

Anyone know how to disable the Hybrid Sleep?

Thanking you in advance...

Use your laptop manufacturer's website and download drivers and application software from there relative to your particular model and Windows 7. Also you may want to check while your there if they offer a more recent BIOS (firmware) update for your model that may address any specific Windows 7 issues. Was this a custom clean install or an upgrade from Vista.
Most power options regarding energy saving settings can be configured through the Power applet in the control panel. But it is just if not more likely that the manufacturer will have some custom app or utility to take care of that for you.

Use your laptop manufacturer's website and download drivers and application software from there relative to your particular model and Windows 7. Also you may want to check while your there if they offer a more recent BIOS (firmware) update for your model that may address any specific Windows 7 issues. Was this a custom clean install or an upgrade from Vista.
Most power options regarding energy saving settings can be configured through the Power applet in the control panel. But it is just if not more likely that the manufacturer will have some custom app or utility to take care of that for you.

I've update the latest BIOS firmware from the manufacturer's website. For your info, this is the clean installation of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

Excellent, clean installs are generally the best way to go. Now have you also looked for updates for your chipset, video card, sound card, touchpad, keyboard, hotkeys, etc. Along with any applications that they might have for power management for that laptop. Also some laptop manufacturers compile an application that uniquely addresses enhancements for their systems for the Windows 7 Operating System, so make sure you look for that.
Also can you provide the specifics as to your particular model model number complete with any unique identifying letters number or characters.

Dear all,

Finally, I've found a solution to solved my problem...

During installation of the Drivers for the laptop, we have to keep restart the laptop after you've done the installation of driver.

We can't restart the laptop after all the drivers has been completely installed.

The powercfg - a command still shown the same as previous configuration

The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby < S3 > Hibernate Hybrid Sleep
The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby < S1 >
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
Standby < S2 >
The system firmware does not support this standby state

Thanks for everyone whose gave his valuable ideas and solutions.

Thank you.

Back