Windows 10 Hibernation Point ROLLBACK

UndeadVulcans

What is the procedure for performing a ROLLBACK; to a Hibernation Point, NOT a restor pointe.
Objective: To delete a boot virus before it can install.;
/* For example, someone has seen your password and had wireless access.*/
ROLLBACK to last Hibernation Point;
ROLLBACK to last Hibernation Point;/*This could be recursive or in a for loop, INC,CX;etc.*/
COMMIT;

A rollback to a Hibernation Point probably won't remove a boot virus, especially if it's a Rootkit or a Bootkit either of which hide in one or more of the hidden System partitions on your computer's hard drive. You can try to download and run the free ROOTKIT BUSTER from trendmicro.com instead.

If the problem persists, you can perform a Rollback of your Operating System (W10) to a previous Windows version if you upgraded from an earlier Windows such as Win7/8x. If the virus has been removed, you can then re-upgrade your computer to W10.

If the RootKit Buster doesn't catch it the virus, you are left with doing a W10 Clean Install using the free MCT tool that creates bootable W10 media from Microsoft available here: Download Windows 10
Other more aggressive repairs for W10 will surely work, take a look here at my free TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE in the software repair section here to fix it: Sound Problems
This will produce a fix 99% of the time,:up: assuming the virus hasn't compromised your Hard Drive, which you can test yourself by using the Hard Test section of the same TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE here: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar

Best of luck, :encouragement:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

I believe you mean system restore point, a hibernation file is a dump of memory to the hard drive so that the system can boot quicker and back to point at which the system was running before shutting down. System restore points are only only backups of system configuration they don't remove files, malware included.

Neem's right there;:up: another way of telling you that you are misunderstanding how the Hibernation process works versus how System Restore works. System Restore will fix most problems, assuming you aren't suffering from hardware failures such as a Hard Drive or RAM memory stick failure. You are attempting to use a function (Hibernation) that was never designed to fix virus problems or any other kind of windows system file problems.:noway: If System Restore fails to remove the virus, you'll need to use the more aggressive software repairs I mention above in my original post to rectify the problem such as Windows reset or reinstallation from Factory Recovery Media.

<<<BBJ>>>

Back