Windows 11 higher CPU temps

Ciccio2021

Is anybody else noticing their CPU running much warmer with Windows 11?

On W10 it settle between 39 and 50 degrees.
On W11 its running between 55 and 70 degrees

ive had to reapply thermal compound as it dried out (now ordered Artic MX-4)

Last edited:
Mine will maybe jump up to 50 for a few seconds then go back down to the mid 30's or upper 30's. I can't complain.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    329.3 KB · Views: 174
I am using ryzen 5 3600x (20% overclocked); cooling - deepcool castle 240ex. There were no changes in temperature, or in the speed of the pump and coolers. I think your problem is individual.

This isn't good because it can lead to overheating and destroying your motherboard. You can read on softwaretesttips.com what you can do in such situations. But I think that your CPU is overloaded. You need to close all background software. I also had such a problem, and my CPU was constantly overloading, and it was causing crashes of my operating system. I found out that I have too many background apps, so everything started to work normally after I closed all of them. Maybe you have the same problem, and it will help you.

It's pretty weird. My CPU temperature is the same as before. It was around 30-35 degrees, and it stayed that way. Overall, I liked Windows 11 itself. I was a bit too prejudiced at first. Although, to be honest, I've noticed for years how hard it is for me to switch from one operating system. But I was wrong in this situation. Windows 11 has fully vindicated itself. As for me, it even behaves better in terms of optimization. But it would be best if you had a fairly powerful processor. There are a lot of options now. For example, intel k vs kf. These two lines are good but also slightly different. I recommend reading them here digitalmasta. Always keep a close eye on your computer's temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom