Windows 7 homegroup/file share

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello Win 7 x64
I think this is a form of networking but if I should be in sodtware, kindly switch me to that forum.
I have watched videos and read helps about the above but to no avail.
I want to be able to work on a file or folder on my win 7 x64 desktop while at my win 7 x64 laptop.
On the Computer page, it says,on the left, I have a homegroup.
I have set 'advanced' settings as enable for network discovery, file sharing and most of the items including password.
When asked for the password I enter the one I made but when I click 'join' it won't work. I checked on the password and it is correct. To be sure I used the one windows generated.
I have the settings for both pcs the same.
Can someone please help me get this started so I do not have to put data in a flashdrive and bring it to the other pc?
I know you need two pcs running win 7 and there are workarounds but would like to utilize homegroup and file sharing as a learning process and to work on the other machines's files.
My skill level above novice and maybe intermediate and I spent hours before coming to you as I took the challenge personally to no avail.
Thank you
Peter

Hello
I hope this message saves many the hours I spent trying to utilize file sharing with Win 7.
Besides having time synchronization, which is not an issue, one must disablethe WLAN partition in the router.
Because this would deny internet access, I am back to flashdrives for data transfer as I prefer to work behind a router..
Peter

Hello
I am sorry but I cannot find the reply to my post but I have some news to impart.
I hope the prnt scrn uploaded ok.
I am pointing out that Windows article said to disable the WLAN. I do not understand that but Belkin said that would bar internet access.
I am just trying to show you what I have been told which is stopping me from wanting to use Win file transfer.Further you need both pcs to be Win 7 which I dohave. I will use teamViewer as I could not establish network with the Win videos.
I think I am inver my head technically and was just trying to bring some information to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom