Windows 7 Homegroup issue

yoshirocks

I started a homegroup so my mom, my brother, and I could share files without always having to use CDs. My computer will share files just fine, but theirs won't. When they are in the homegroup, they still can't share files on it. Please help.

Make sure that network and sharing settings on all the PC's are ok. Sharing and networking are a pain in Windows 7.
Joe

Good to know, glad to hear that you have the problem resolved. If you have the time and would care to share the information, can you maybe explain how you were able to resolve the issue. I'm sure it would prove helpful to other members and visitors as well.
Thank you for the follow up. See you around the forums.

Well, I just followed the walkthrough and now it seems to be working fine. There may have been more than one homegroup on our network. (Is that possible? If it is, that could have been the problem.) Now I made sure we were all on the same homegroup. That's pretty much it.

thanks for the follow-up, I just wanted to know if you did the step by step in the walk-through or if you had found something else that had helped resolve the issue.

Back
Top Bottom