Windows 7 Hotmail Log-in - Endless Loop

vanman

For the last 3 days I have been unable to log into Hotmail without using In Private browsing. If I use regular browsing, and type: www.hotmail.com, the browser attempts to load the page, but appears to re-load every second or so until it final times out after approx 10 seconds and says

The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
  • This site may be experiencing a problem
  • The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
You can:
  • You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

I tried it just now, and I don't have any problem at all...
Perhaps you have software that's messing around with IE8?

Try running IE8 with no add-ons? (search for it in the start menu... it's called "Internet Explorer (No add-ons)")

Thanks, that got me looking in the right place. Turned out to be a Windows Live Sign-in Assistant that I had installed that obviously doesn't play well with others :)

I got an Acer Netbook for Christmas. Same issue...Hotmail won't load/continuous loop. Research on Symantecs indicates it may be a Worm that was already on the computer when shipped out. Tried to download the fix, but computer says I don't have Administrative Access. Sigh. Read someplace else I may need the full version of Windows 7 over the pre-loaded Windows 7 Starter. I can access Hotmail from my other computer and phone...just not on this netbook. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom